Hammer n4400 bandsaw again.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Someone posted that the Hammer wheel kit for the above saw was a bit pricey, and they used an Axminster mobile base.

Which one do you use?

If I do go for the Hammer, I must have some method of mobility and a ninety degree turn would be needed for any long stuff.

Any reason why you are going for the Hammer DW?

I looked at both this and the Axi 4300 at Ally Pally a couple of years ago and plumped for the Axi as they are almost identical machines but the Hammer was pricier.

I was erring towards the Hammer all along and was more than happy to pay the price for it but after investigation it really wasn't worth it as I would have been paying the extra for no visible difference.

I just used the standard mobile base:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Axmi ... 364881.htm

Its rated for 230kg and the saw is 190. It does the job even though my garage floor is in somewhat poor condition. One thing to note is that there is about an inch of clearance on each long side of the base between the base of the saw and the rails of the mobile base. It hasn't posed any problems with stability, but I may eventually drill another set of holes in the mobile base rails to tighten up the fit a bit.

TTK, I think the fence is superior looking at the video sales demo. I have seen the Axi at Axminster and thought the fence a little basic.

Thanks regarding the base.

The Hammer should have a better resale value? bearing in mind perhaps only a few years for me of working life, being realistic.

Latest posts

Back