guide rail

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the TSO Products GRS-16 and GRS-16 PE guide rail squares that I use with my Festool guide rails. The first time I used one, I was not sure it would live up to the hype, but it did.

There are several brands of squares available, and here is a video that compares four with the Festool guide rail. All of the square manufactures make versions to fit other rails.

Peter Millard (@petermillard) has a video showing how to make a DIY rail square:

I’ve got the benchdogs one with the additional fence and stop. Works well but I prefer parallel guides
I first use the parallel guides to cut the sheet and then the benchdogs rail square to square the ends / cut to required length. On smaller items I just use the rail square making sure I work of the clean face, even with a parallelogram there is no reason not to end up square.

I first use the parallel guides to cut the sheet and then the benchdogs rail square to square the ends / cut to required length. On smaller items I just use the rail square making sure I work of the clean face, even with a parallelogram there is no reason not to end up square.
Squaring the end after ‘ripping’ to width is why I got mine. Though once I have squared one end I find I shift back to the parallel guide referenced from that squared edge.
I have now built an MFT and haven’t really used the square since then.

Back