Guide Rail for Worx Circular saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrahamIreland

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got the Worx circular saw with its unique pivoting edge, so you can slide along a straight edge.

Trouble is I don't always have a good straight edge, so could someone recommend a guide rail.

Ive looked on amazon at guide rails, but most seem to be made for track saws - Makita and the like,

and have a sort of rubber strip along the edge..

Anyway, thanks in advance.

I don't know the saw, what size of straight edge do you need?

I would probably suggest making one from sheet material. In not, then a piece of aluminium extrusion of some form.

Its the Worx Extractor Circular saw,

Ya, im just thinking now maybe a few strips of hard wood might do if bought machined up.

I think that you just need something straight and flat. Depending on what you have, the factory edge of a sheet of ply or MDF looks like it will do fine. I can't think of much else that I might have here that would be 8ft long. Shorter than that, eg cross cuts will probably be ok with a straight piece of timber, or I should say that for shorter lengths the piece of straight timber should remain straight enough to keep for that purpose.

Can you get hold of some 20x40 profile?
[£4.13 8% OFF]Machifit 100-1000mm Black 2040 V-Slot Aluminum Profile Extrusion Frame for CNC Tool DIY Machine Tools & Accessories from Tools on banggood
https://banggood.app.link/OEwky1CvCcb
That would be perfect- extendable, lightweight, straight, etc.

Yes Cheers ~Marcus/ P

something metallic would prob be best as it would almost guarantee a straight edge,

Im trying to join up lengths of timer 1.5m and so trying to get a good straight cut.

So until I get a proper workshop, I guess im doing it cheap first.

if you cut 2 pieces and are slightly off (you need to be pretty accurate), butt the two together and run the saw cut so that it cuts down the join. should then be perfect.

As it's a circular saw, why not just make yourself a sawboard out of some ply. Once made you just line up the edge of the sawboard on your cut line, clamp the sawboard and make your cut - just like you would with a tracksaw

I'd explain how to make one (it's very easy), but it's all been done with lots of pictures and video on various websites e.g. Making A Saw Board / DIY Track Saw - Shop Tricks & Tips - IBUILDIT.CA

He uses melamine faced board but ply works just as well - 6mm will be fine for light use, 9/12mm will be a bit more robust and last for ages)

I've a couple made up in different lengths with one side for use with my big circ and the other side for use with my cordless circ

Back