Groove Cutter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave261266

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm a newbie so be gentle.

I'm looking for a supplier of a groove cutter that would go in my Kity 619 table saw. I have tried contacting Kity in the uk and the groove cutter they have is for the 419 which I would have thought would fit ok. Trouble is they are not very good at getting back to me with info or prices.

Does anyone know where I could get one and anything else I would need to get the cutter working (special guards etc) ?

Many thanks

Kity only produce one grooving cutter part No 30 4119 006 and it will fit all their saws as far as I know

the cutter has a set width of 8mm and is primerily designed for use with their "tenon joint device" which is actually a comb/finger joint. This device comes complete with guarding.

Due to the profile of the teeth it will not cut a clean groove across the drain so its use is somewhat limited.

They do make adjustable groovers but these are only for use in a spindle moulder.

Jason

ok - thanks for the info - I get the impression that the groove cutter which I was kinda hoping would act as a non-adjustable dado blade isn't that useful in your opinion.

I have to make about 15 panelled kitchen doors with tongue and groove joints and I thought that this might make short work of the grooved rails and styles. I can do them on the router table but I thought this might be quicker. :cry:

I was interested in the guard stuff because the guy at Kity was saying something about the guard and I couldn't understand what he was on about. I was trying to make sure that the table insert came with the groover rather than as a separate item. :?

Not sure what the "Here we go again" comment was about - maybe I have touched on a commonly broached theme perhaps :p

dave261266":n7hysvyj said:
Not sure what the "Here we go again" comment was about - maybe I have touched on a commonly broached theme perhaps :p

Hi Dave,and welcome to the forum :D
Just search for the word "dado" and I'm sure you will get the idea :wink:

Andrew

To save you looking into the possibility of a wobble saw as suggested above, the spindle on the Kity is much too short to take one. and would also hit the table as the tamle insert is only to one side of the blade.

They do work well in a spindle moulder though and I use one for the job you describe.

Jason

Back