Greetings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toscageoff

Established Member
Reaction score
Greetings

I have been lurking for a bit and have noticed what a wealth of information you all have and the 'bond you all seem to share.

I am a hobby woodworker and whilst I have always had an interest in woodworking have only really been able to do any for the last 5 years.

Initially in a 9 x 5 outbuilding which I shared with a tumble dryer and a chest freezer, then in 2005, with the help of my LOML, I built a 16 x 8 workshop and started down the slope from there.

Alf, I am aware of Axminster, Rutlands, Screwfix etc! and have a reasonable mix of hand and power tools.

I have been going to evening classes to increase my hand tool skills and have progressed from dowel joints to doing dovetails.

I hope that a some stage I will be able to contribute to the forum.

Let me be the first to Welcome you Toscageoff, you and I have been woodworking for a similar amount of time, and this forum has been invaluable.

Look forward to seeing some of your work.

Good Luck

Dave

Welcome Toscageoff, Nice to welcome you too. I am sure you will find the forum very helpful indeed. There is a mine of information on here not to metion experience all you have to do is ask. All the best. :wink:

Welcome aboard, I haven't been here long but I've learnt a lot. You'll have many happy hours browsing the forums. Also, it's the friendliest forum I've come across on the internet

Hey up mate!

Welcome
I note you are Suffolk, never mind! could be worst (Essex frinstance!) :lol: .
Plenty of slope shoving shops down your way.

Welcome.

This bit intrigued me - are you trying to summon someone from the 'dead'?

Toscageoff":wtopjai9 said:
Alf, I am aware of Axminster, Rutlands, Screwfix etc! and have a reasonable mix of hand and power tools.

Hi Toscageoff, and welcome.
I too went to night school, and progressed on to dovetails as time went on. It has been a slippery slope from there!
This is an excellent forum, and although I don't often feel experienced enough to comment, there is a wealth of learning to be had from some knowledgeable practitioners of our art.
Keep up the good work

Malc. :D

Glad to have you on board Geoff.

Woodworking is a great hobby, and there is a lot to learn/master. I am only a novice, but like other members have found this site a valuable resource. I try to contribute when I can.

I have also made many friends here, it is good to try to attend the shows and do's to meet members and share experiences / tips etc.

All the best, Tony.

Welcome Toscageoff (the name rolls off the tongue doesn't it? :D ) from another 5 year old in woodworking terms. Great place to learn.

Cheers,
Gower

Gower":3vbr6vl1 said:
Welcome Toscageoff (the name rolls off the tongue doesn't it? :D ) from another 5 year old in woodworking terms. Great place to learn.

Cheers,
Gower

Greetings

I chose Toscageoff because Tosca is the name of my cat and Geoff is my name.

When I was asked for a name on another site my cat walked in to the room and I just put our names together.

Seeing them together it looked like 'Toss cage off' and I thought this was very appropriate for a learner woodworker [me!] so that is what I am slowly trying to do - Toss the cage of knowing nothing off and improving my skills.

Toscageoff":1g97ynva said:
I chose Toscageoff because Tosca is the name of my cat and Geoff is my name.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

AND there was my filthy mind doing overtime :lol:

Back