Greenlee chisels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Zaffuto

Established Member
Reaction score
A few months ago, I picked up a set of 4 Greenlee tang chisels, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 & 1", with only the 3/4" used. These look like they're several decades old, made of Sheffield steel, in the UK. What is different about them is they have green plastic handles and for intents and purposes look identical to the blue handled Record chisels of a decade or so ago. Steel is simply great and the side bevels come down to almost nothing.

Any of you over the pond know anything about these?

Tony Zaffuto":2wssghv5 said:
A few months ago, I picked up a set of 4 Greenlee tang chisels, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 & 1", with only the 3/4" used. These look like they're several decades old, made of Sheffield steel, in the UK. What is different about them is they have green plastic handles and for intents and purposes look identical to the blue handled Record chisels of a decade or so ago. Steel is simply great and the side bevels come down to almost nothing.

Any of you over the pond know anything about these?

Definitely a well thought of brand. The company is still in business though I don't know if they still make chisels. The old ones are good and of very good steel, certainly the equal of anything available today even at a comparatively higher price point, if you compared today's prices vs. those of yesteryear taking into account inflation, etc. And as you noted, they are true beveled edge chisels not a straight-sided firmer pretending to be a bevel-edged chisel.

The chances that these chisels won't serve you well are zilch. Enjoy.

Back