graham haydon woodworking channel gone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halo Jones

Established Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed Graham's youtube videos. Went to look for any updates today and saw that his channel and videos had been pulled. Anyone have any idea why? Has he sold them commercially to PWW or something?

That's a real shame. Hopefully he'll return as his videos are really great.

I spoke to Graham the other day via Youtube and basically he was too nice a guy by feeling under pressure to answer all comments and upload high quality videos on a regular basis and was just eating into his real life business and family life so he decided to leave. It's a shame he had to pull his existing videos but I suppose he had his reasons for that. Some YouTube subscribers can become very demanding especially considering they are getting high quality instruction for free just a shame Graham couldn't drown out the more demanding of them and just upload a video every now and again and not feel he had to reply to each comment which he did religiously no matter what it was. Throughly nice fella.

Damned shame, he comes across a really nice guy, if your reading this Graham you have no idea how helpful you have been to me, I get a lot more exercise and movement using hand tools which is something you got me into.
Thanks
Stew

Roughcut":3oxwyib7 said:
Graham was/is one of the good 'uns on YouTube.
I will miss his stuff too. :(

He's one of the good'uns on here as well.
Shame about YouTube, he will be missed :(

I've noticed that whatever the content on you tube there are people who put up stupid snide comments, I believe it is known as trolling. I remember a vid that graham did showing Shane Skelton's dovetail saw from the passaround on here. At least one of the commentators totally attacked Graham because the saw was more expensive than some other saw he thought was as good. Graham was SO patient and SO polite to this guy, it really showed the quality of his character.
Graham, if you read this I'd like to say that I'll miss your vids, but you tube/forums etc. are all very well but real life is what counts.Live long and prosper, Paddy

Well it looks like I missed out on Graham's videos. That is a shame as they are so well indorsed on here, they must have been good.

I can understand the frustration he must have felt by the comments on his videos, some people have to say something irrespective of if it adds value to the conversation or is constructive.

I hope that Graham may reconsider reloading his videos again, as there are options that could solve many of the issues that have been mentioned in the posts.

Videos can be posted with comments disabled.

Videos can also be posted that are not public, so only selected people can be invited to view them. They can then be linked to or embedded on this forum, for just the registered users to see. Constructive comments and discussion that is moderated can then be made here.

Graham's video can also be uploaded to Vimeo, the Waitrose equivalent of YouTube. No annoying popup adds on Vimeo, I upload there because when you embed on your website, it looks far better.

Hope Graham will reconsider.

Thanks Morturn, that's what I was going to say, but you've put it better.

Graham, if you're reading this, it would be a great shame if the work that you have already put into making the videos so far was wasted. If you could make them available so you didn't have to spend time being polite to trolls, I'm sure they would be appreciated by many.

Doesn't really make sense.

I can understand why he may not want to continue, but it's a bit odd to have pulled all the existing videos

transatlantic":2b1upwn9 said:
Doesn't really make sense.

I can understand why he may not want to continue, but it's a bit odd to have pulled all the existing videos

Its not for you to say is it?
He was offering a free resource
People apparently thought he owed them something
He thought otherwise and withdrew his work

The internet is a nasty place where nasty people hide, as we have seen over the past few weeks

Or "Lurk", even... :)

He should have just disabled the comments part and not answered any questions sent. No need for others to spoil his own pleasure. But its his work.

That's a shame, I always enjoyed his presentation style and obviously he added a lot of benefit to the community.

Obviously comments are the main problem, not just the stupid or nasty ones but also the I-should-have-Googled-this-but-I'm-too-lazy type. I know videos can be posted with comments disabled is it possible to disable comments after you've posted a vid?

Lovely and generous guy. A giver in a world of takers. Always enjoyed the videos and learnt a huge amount. Many thanks Mr H. Hope to see you on here soon mate. ( I still have those kittens in the sack BTW. So the countdown is on! Tick Tock. :D )
Whatever your reasons for taking down the vids good luck to you. You can see the level of support from the quiet majority. It's a shame the most ignorant so often shout the loudest especially from a keyboard.
Highest regards.
Chris

Real shame - I enjoyed his videos on the work bench build. Built using just hand tools, and there he is beavering away even with a stinking cold!

Agree with all (well, most) the above comments regarding Graham Haydon. I subscribed to his channel, and enjoyed his videos. But I understand him being fed up with the "social" part of it.

Great work, Graham, thank you very much.

G.

Back