Got My Letter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6 miles and I would have to use my pushbike as the MOT is out on the car and have just put a sorn on it as it is in the garage for work to be done, now shut :roll: . 2020 has just been totally ...........

it was in to make sure it was ok for going to hosp for chemo lol

Droogs":5vwt0ieu said:
6 miles and I would have to use my pushbike as the MOT is out on the car and have just put a sorn on it as it is in the garage for work to be done, now shut :roll: . 2020 has just been totally ...........

it was in to make sure it was ok for going to hosp for chemo lol

Mmmm...risky because it does nullify your insurance but to be honest, if it were me I'd say rollocks to the MOT and also the road tax. ah...rats...did you say that your car was IN the garage...which is shut..

Now, I'm not sure whether this is actually true or not but a good friend of mine who works in the trade said people would be able to get cover-notes of some kind to enable them to use their vehicles even if they haven't been MOT'd during the crisis.

The way things are going though, perhaps you won't be able to use the car in a few days! I'm definitely considering SORNing my stuff off the road and canceling the insurance except for the jeep (You never know...) if it looks like I'm going to be cooped up for a while.

Trevanion":zrjiqqjr said:
Now, I'm not sure whether this is actually true or not but a good friend of mine who works in the trade said people would be able to get cover-notes of some kind to enable them to use their vehicles even if they haven't been MOT'd during the crisis.

The way things are going though, perhaps you won't be able to use the car in a few days! I'm definitely considering SORNing my stuff off the road and canceling the insurance except for the jeep (You never know...) if it looks like I'm going to be cooped up for a while.

Are you suggesting that cars will be banned on the road ? :shock:

It'll be carnage. Once I've had the pheasant and the deer, no walker will be safe. Midsommar will look like Enid Blyton :twisted:

RogerS":j9dedjfk said:

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, not so much banning cars on the road but a restriction of the movement of people, possibly to the point where you can't leave your house.

Perhaps I've just gone from not caring at all to total hypochondriac :lol:

Trevanion":1235dqgp said:
RogerS":1235dqgp said:

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, not so much banning cars on the road but a restriction of the movement of people, possibly to the point where you can't leave your house.

Perhaps I've just gone from not caring at all to total hypochondriac :lol:

Well, I guess starvation in that case then is one option to avoid loading the NHS.

Fitzroy":3b0m8jhy said:
HH I also received the text message. My only health issues are I’m a bit fat and have health anxiety. The later may make me worry more about Co19 but certainly hasn’t put me on a list of greater risk than everyone else of getting it or suffering worse from it. I expect if uk.gov has a mobile number for you then you got a text!

Interestingly this is a time you learn stuff about people that you never knew. One of my graduate engineers called me today to say he had received said letter. We are already working from home but he had decided to return to his parents home as he didn’t know how he would isolate to the required degree with limited local support. It turned out he was still in remission from bone cancer, he’d never mentioned it since joining 6 months back as he didn’t want special treatment. Makes the worries of most of us pale into the background.

Fitz.
Yes, the text message was sent to everyone with a mobile phone in the UK.

The message to everyone is that they need to stay at home. Exceptions being are for key jobs and it get food once a day.

If you are high risk you would have been sent a letter or contacted directly by a GP etc.

Back