Gossip over at the AAW

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No idea about the specifics, but it certainly sounds remarkably similar to processes in the US part of the company for whom my daughter works. If your face doesn't fit, you are OUT, and none of this "workers' rights" nonsense.
Just watch for how long it takes to become standard practice this side of the Atlantic.

Shame how these things pan out for what is after all a hobby. I was once a member of an amateur radio forum and one member posted something which rapidly went ballistic and I swear murder would have been committed had some of these members come into physical contact with each other :cry: :cry:
A very touchy world we seem to live in these days .
Steve

gasmansteve":2c2cvd7p said:
Shame how these things pan out for what is after all a hobby. I was once a member of an amateur radio forum and one member posted something which rapidly went ballistic and I swear murder would have been committed had some of these members come into physical contact with each other :cry: :cry:
A very touchy world we seem to live in these days .
Steve

The Hobbyists and the Artists are having a separate war over there also,

I see this every day, literally

"leaving to pursue other opportunities" is the line normally

Aidan

TheTiddles":3uhju5qc said:
I see this every day, literally

"leaving to pursue other opportunities" is the line normally

Aidan

lol - "leaving to spend more time with his wife and family " is common as well

Gotta agree with the tiddles, constructed dismissal is very common in this country already, has been for yonks

I'm not fond of overstating my opinion but as far as Constructive Dismissal goes I consider this vain atempt at adult honesty a complete playgroung bullying tactic.

It is a sad state of afairs when adults contrive to undermine and dismiss the value of another human being without considering what it is they are dealing with.

Constructive Dismissal is at best a veiled attempt at convincing one human being that the lie they are being told by a small group of people is in fact a truth.

At worst, this form of phychological bullying can lead to the unscertain recipient being mentally challenged at such a deep level that they themselves can go on to develop a psychological impairment.

This is an abuse of a power as a humanity and it must be challenged in a way in wich both dissolves it's practive whilst at the same time instilling in others that it is not a practive worth repeating against others.

However, wisdom of this kind is uncommonly found but we must try to find it as in doing so we will recognise more and embrace it for the future.

Sorry the rant but this matter is of great importance and I felt I needed to share it with others.

I think it would have been easier to just turn a piece that conveys my sentiments more succincly!

My understanding of 'constructive dismissal' is when you're engineered into a situation where you have little choice but to resign. She, on the other hand, was marched off the premises without any choice. That's sacking at a minute's notice. Is it legal ?

It seems to be a perfect example in `How NOT to dismiss an employee` as I gather that two prominent board members had no idea this person was going to be dismissed and if I have read it correctly it also appears that the resignations of these two board members was also preempted before the meeting ??. The board have not released any details to its members, it all seems a very unsatisfactory way to carry on to me :duno:
Steve

gasmansteve":3byiwu39 said:
It seems to be a perfect example in `How NOT to dismiss an employee` as I gather that two prominent board members had no idea this person was going to be dismissed and if I have read it correctly it also appears that the resignations of these two board members was also preempted before the meeting ??. The board have not released any details to its members, it all seems a very unsatisfactory way to carry on to me :duno:
Steve

Links with BP maybe :wink:

Back