Gory pic alert - When you use a sash cramp at Head height...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doingupthehouse

Established Member
Reaction score
...remember you’ve put it there!

Image%2061.jpg

Ouch #-o
Luckily had safety glasses on.

Simon

Can we have "gruesome pics" warnings next time please? I've just had me tea.

But its far and away the best learning aid, isnt it?

sunnybob":11uhl736 said:
But its far and away the best learning aid, isnt it?
Indeed, pipe insulation on the exposed clamp ends from now on! I’ve always been prone to banging my head - no idea why, I’m not clumsy in other ways...

Apologies, will put up a gruesome pic warning.

bourbon":1bxujsjq said:
that was lucky, could have had your eye out
Fortunately I have prescription safety glasses, so wear hem all the time in the workshop - perhaps I need a stronger prescription...

Hi Simon,

How? Were you using the cramp?

I store sash cramps in the rafters of my shop. Only in a safe way; cross-ways to my walkway, but one never knows!

John

Hi John,

Yes the clamp was in use, clamping up the base frame of my new workbench. Certainly a lesson learned the hard way!

Ironically it was the safety glasses that cut into the side of my head - but possible saved me from worse...

Untitled.jpg

I also did the exact same thing about 4 weeks ago. Walked into a Bessey Duoklamp at eyeball height while fetching a router and wasn't watching where I was going and walked straight into the damn thing. Hurt like hell for a while.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 166
Trevanion":m1ivszx4 said:
I also did the exact same thing about 4 weeks ago. Walked into a Bessey Duoklamp at eyeball height while fetching a router and wasn't watching where I was going and walked straight into the damn thing. Hurt like hell for a while.

Ouch! Lucky you didn’t do some serious damage there.

Simon

Maybe I am lucky in that I have about 10 feet of head room in the back of my shop, so I can store things above head height.
I usually leave clamped up frames with the cramps vertical; Tommy-bars on the floor. Nothing sticking out at head-height then. Mind you I have been known to trip over the cramp-heads! Fortunately so far, I've not finished up flat on my face!

John

Latest posts

Back