Gorilla glue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the posts have reminded me that I've used PU glue several times to bond wood to metal, and even metal to metal when nowt else was to hand. All the joints are still sound so, it does come in handy at times if you're stuck.

Stuck! Ha ha ha ha... see what I did there?

barkwindjammer":3apu5t88 said:
The sawdust glued to the dogs nose, will that come off ? :shock:

I don't allow pets in my shop. (Except spiders, because they eat any beetles that might be wood borers!) There's probably a workshop mouse somewhere, but he's elusive!

I remember my old German Shepherd dog,Tosca, sitting outside the door to my shop one summer's day. It was a minute or two before I realised he had four or five bee stings all around his lips. He sat there looking a bit mournful, but with that half-smile dogs have. As if to say, 'I can't get these out boss, but I know you can do it for me!' And they say Dogs have no logic?!

Naturally, he stopped snapping at bees too!

In case you think I'm a softie, I refer you to Mike C's signature btw! :mrgreen:

As for woodwork glues I use three sorts. Cascamite, Exterior grade Evo-stick PVA, and animal glue. a bit stuck-in-my-ways! :roll:
John :)

jimi43":149m4unf said:
You really want to try Titebond John...you really do! :wink:

Jim

Agreed!

Having only used Evo Stick waterproof and non-waterproof PVA in the past (for general stuff), I thought i should use a 'decent' PVA for my oak kitchen project.

I decided upon Titebond original (not waterproof) because I read some mentions in posts on here and it looked inviting in the Axminster catalogue!

I have to say it is great stuff. 30 minute clamp time (less above about 20 deg C), pretty much dry in 40 mins, good initial tack, cleans very easily with water when wet and light sanding removes any trace. It also sticks like s*it to an army blanket!

I love the applicator nozzle (on the medium tube anyway) aswell, it doesn't clog up and is easy to get the right amount out.

Cheaper than Evostick Too!

PU glue is superb stuff!

I wonder if some of you guys are trying to clean off the glue before it has dried?

Back