Google street view intrusion?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
devonwoody":1sju8zha said:
Perhaps the powers that be keep an eye on surfing on this site, Cheltenham have been increasing their staff over recent months. Just imagine ten burglaries and 10 views by the same individual, I don't suffer from paranoia. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Me either really, at least not until THIS thread started :(

hmmm....my wife works with prisoners tho should I definately should be!

Just off to put up a few extra lights (sod the environment) and change the locks. Oh and where can I get a load of plants with 2" thorns?

cambournepete":18fvtlfd said:
Paul Chapman":18fvtlfd said:
... We are now seeing restrictions, for spurious reasons, on members of the public taking photographs in public places...
Completely incorrectly and not approved by government or police. :roll:

That's good, I'll be able to tell all my photographer mates who have been harrassed in public that it didn't actually happen, they'll be glad about that.

:D

I'm not paranoid but just want to prevent these oiks from teefing all my gear! Having seen my house the other day on streetview, and with the 10' camera as Dibs pointed out, it can see right into my back garden cos I live on a corner plot. The photos clearly indicate what's what and make it real easy for armchair tealeafs to easily plan their night out! Yes it is handy to find places but I'm not convinced that the camera height needs to be 10' in the air! Maybe at driver's window height is acceptable but the camera shouldnt be looking right over your fence into your back garden! Anyone who has a GPS, and many do nowadays, or even a paper map, a postcode and a bit of common sense can find the vast majority of places in the UK, so I dont think we need a birdseye view into your back garden personally, it's like a flipping advert saying "Come on in lads, you know where everything is, help yourself!"! :evil: :twisted:

Rant over/ :-#

Hey Hawk what do you think those helicopter pilots do when they are not chasing robbers, they switch on their thermal imaging cameras at night right over your bedroom. Yes they do. :wink: :)

devonwoody":1tjsycp5 said:
Hey Hawk what do you think those helicopter pilots do when they are not chasing robbers, they switch on their thermal imaging cameras at night right over your bedroom. Yes they do. :wink: :)

:lol:

I tend to let all this crud pass me by.

I have no idea about twatter & farcebook & never used friends united (has that now died?)

But after the fuss, I had a look at Lurker Towers on this thingy- on the path is our cat walkiing away from the camera with his third eye winking :lol:

They fly low and point through the windows and curtains.
Thinking of investing in some of those old fashioned barrage balloons.

I think it's a great tool. I live in London so house security is not really a problem, I can understand people that live miles from anywhere wanting keep things a little secretive.
I use it to find business that I've never visited before and have often decided against visiting some timber suppliers because of what I have seen.
I used it today to find the scam artists who have charged my credit card £1400.
Picture included
4476715238_4de869d2bc.jpg

devonwoody":23cjf961 said:

Well all they're likely to see her are a couple of old fogies sleeping :whistle: :^o

Mreagleeyes":2tc2home said:
I live in London so house security is not really a problem,

:shock: you are aware that london has the third highest burgulary rate in England right ? (after leeds and manchester)

there may be less witnesses out in the sticks but there also markedly less crackheads and dopers stealing everything that isnt bolted down

big soft moose":5zjpwj9d said:
Mreagleeyes":5zjpwj9d said:

:shock: you are aware that london has the third highest burgulary rate in England right ? (after leeds and manchester)

there may be less witnesses out in the sticks but there also markedly less crackheads and dopers stealing everything that isnt bolted down

Ha ha ha! BSM, my sentiments exactly, you took the words straight out of my mouth! :lol:

big soft moose":2cc695f9 said:
Mreagleeyes":2cc695f9 said:

You miss was I'm saying. London is full of houses with very nice cars parked in the drive and obvious money in the house. On the other hand I could quiet easily check out a house with no surrounding houses and target that.
As an Ex Military man I could quiet easily work out an escape route, avoid the built up areas and police, find a place to dump and pick up a second car.

Here's an example, random house, nearest town 6 miles away, police 26 miles away, nearest neighbour a farm complex about 2 miles away. I would never have known about this place if it wasn't for Street View.
Please don't let this place get robbed or I'm in trouble.
4477662402_f7b10a2be2_o.png

And here's another one. Very little security at the weekend and note to any terrorists watching...look closely at the entrance barrier. See the raised vehicle block in the road? Now look at the exit barrier. Spot the difference? Looks very sleepy to me :wink:

sas.jpg

RogerS":2j3anmfr said:
And here's another one. Very little security at the weekend and note to any terrorists watching...look closely at the entrance barrier. See the raised vehicle block in the road? Now look at the exit barrier. Spot the difference? Looks very sleepy to me :wink:

sas.jpg

If that's where I think it is, I'm not sure terrorists would want to get in there. Things might get a bit noisy.

I think it's Sterling Lines in Hereford. You can tell by the colour of the boathouse. :)

Hoopy":38x0u5ce said:
I think it's Sterling Lines in Hereford. You can tell by the colour of the boathouse. :)

In that case I'm surprised they bother having a security gate at all.

Would'nt a notice saying "are you feeling lucky punk!" suffice :lol:

Back