Google street view intrusion?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lurker":374p9fko said:
Hoopy":374p9fko said:
I think it's Sterling Lines in Hereford. You can tell by the colour of the boathouse. :)

In that case I'm surprised they bother having a security gate at all.

Would'nt a notice saying "are you feeling lucky punk!" suffice :lol:

LOL...That's what SWMBO says. If they're so hard, why do they need fences !

lurker":1jregwx1 said:
Hoopy":1jregwx1 said:
I think it's Sterling Lines in Hereford. You can tell by the colour of the boathouse. :)

In that case I'm surprised they bother having a security gate at all.

Would'nt a notice saying "are you feeling lucky punk!" suffice :lol:

Pity any fool trying it on there!

devonwoody":st6hzs8u said:
Looks like an entrance to a school in North London. :cry:

On a Sunday... ;)

Personally I think Streetview's great; I use it a lot and have no problem having my house & workshop shown. The notion that there's any invasion of privacy going on is IMO, absurd - legally and ethically. But all those Daily Mail readers (or anyone else) who want their pictures removed can do so easily - as was mentioned earlier on in this thread.

I genuinely do not see the problem. :?

4477662402_f7b10a2be2_o.png
[/quote]

Hey - that looks like my place :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dave

Mreagleeyes":3d5b8tq0 said:
On the other hand I could quiet easily check out a house with no surrounding houses and target that.
As an Ex Military man I could quiet easily work out an escape route, avoid the built up areas and police, find a place to dump and pick up a second car.

Here's an example, random house, nearest town 6 miles away, police 26 miles away, nearest neighbour a farm complex about 2 miles away. I would never have known about this place if it wasn't for Street View.
Please don't let this place get robbed or I'm in trouble.
4477662402_f7b10a2be2_o.png

course as an exmilitary man you could also acheive that by studying an ordanance survey map then going to have a recce - which presumably you would do anyway before trying a job like that, because street view doesnt show you everything

for example it doesnt show you six large swarthy men sitting in the kitchen pollishing their shotguns ;)

pren":10cx2e8u said:
Hoopy":10cx2e8u said:

There is no boathouse in Heeerford! :wink:

I Was wondering if anyone'd spot that one. Top filum.

Back