Good time to subscribe to FWW

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Project88

Established Member
Reaction score
Just renewed my subscription to Fine Woodworking and the details have appeared on my statement.

For two years it is $73.95, the exchange rate was 1.915 so I paid £38.61 which works out at less than £2 each, delivered to my door :D

I'm happy with that, any other US bargins to be had??????

Cheers,
John

Hi John,

As it happens I have the same renewal notice sitting on my desk right now. I'm thinking of renewing for three years and wonder if I'll get the same rate as you 8)

Project88":mhx8zrba said:
Just renewed my subscription to Fine Woodworking and the details have appeared on my statement.

For two years it is $73.95, the exchange rate was 1.915 so I paid £38.61 which works out at less than £2 each, delivered to my door :D

I'm happy with that, any other US bargins to be had??????

Cheers,
John

Unless I've got hold of the wrong end of the stick, there are 7 issues per year, so for 2 years £38.61 / 14 = £2.75 per issue? Still not a bad saving.

Just thought I would bring this to the top in case anyone was still thinking about subscribing.

The two year deal, at the rate OP quoted should be 2.75 (As there are only 7 issues p/a) still good value 'tho.

FWW just put my sub through and (even after the card company took their 'cut' ) I got 1.87 to the pound. :D

So my three year sub. has equalled 2.67 pounds per issue delivered to my door. :D Heck of a lot better than 'smiths' and quicker too. :D (Of course not being in UK at the mo' I can't pop into them anyway :roll: )

I just hope the quality keeps up, some people have said it's declining. I can't comment 'cos I've only been a subscriber for two years but I've been happy with the standard of articles and presentation so far.

Another option is to subscribe to their online edition. From memory a 1 month sub is $5 and you then have access not only to the articles in the latest edition but previous articles too. These are in .pdf format and you can save the to your computer or print them off if you wish. Another bonus is you don't have all the adverts which only serve to raise your blood pressure as you compare US prices with UK one!

Steve

Hi all,

what I can find on the 'net is the FWW.COM site and this appears to be a link to the site and not the magazine itself.

Can someone point me at the right site?

Back