Goldilocks puzzle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispuzzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's a new piece of work...

GoldilocksS.jpg

And here's the back -

GoldilocksbackS.jpg

There are 217 pieces plus six large whimsies - including the three bears! Although normally I'd cut the whimsies into pieces of about the same size as the others, this time it seemed better to leave them as they are. That is just over 2.5 pieces per square inch on average.

It is quite a traditional cutting style: the pieces are generally shaped as if they were from a strip cut puzzle but in fact it is not, since the "strips" move in unpredictable directions and never more than a few pieces at a time.

The picture is an illustration by the artist Jessie Wilcox Smith. It dates from 1911 and I hope captures the atmosphere of traditional period puzzles nicely.

Chris

Great stuff Steve - do you freehand the pieces or draw them on first? I particularly like the three bear shapes!

It's Chris, not Steve :)

I cut each piece freehand except for the figure pieces. Those are stuck onto the surface of the picture for cutting using a low-tack film.

Chris

Back