Goblets

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boysie39

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi to all , a friend of mine has been asked to turn a dozen Goblets for a gift . They will be used on a regular basis to drink from ,He has asked me if I could find out the most suitable timber to use and what would be the best finish . He is worried about sealing the end grain

If anyone can offer advice on this I would be very grateful , I have seen discussions on here before but I am having trouble finding them .

Thanks to all in advance .

I have found rustons floor coating a really good option for goblets. Once dry it is impervious to all liquids and very hard wearing.
Mark

cornucopia":29fdmiuy said:
I thought you'd hung up your gouges Eugene?

I'm afraid I had to George ,but I still am a part of the group of turners from The Dolman Woodturners and the first meeting of the new year was on Saturday last and the question was asked .

I gave up a lot of activities over the years because of the age factor and now for health reasons. The great thing about turning to me is I can watch other people make beautiful things and still share in the pleasure .

I still look forward to seeing what you and everyone else posts and will continue to do so as long as I can .I may not always comment but I will have seen all posts. .

Back