Glue roller

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jddevel

Reaction score
Looking for an in-expensive glue roller. I assume disposable. I`m about to fix a vinyl type planked tile to a narrow boat roof. Fixing to ply using Evo-Stik TX613 Thixotropic. So working over head. Any roller suggestions/advice please?

We use cheap radiator rollers from toolstation then chuck em out.

I imagine any brand would do.

If you need a bit more pressure, I've used a cheap print roller with epoxies - the sort of thing photographers use to lay down prints and artists use to ink printing plates. Very hard PU rubber and give a nice thin film. Lots of suppliers on ebay.

" Very hard PU rubber and give a nice thin film. " Thanks for that advice Normancb. I assume their easy to clean as obviously will be doing over a few hours and those I`ve seen don`t appear to come with spare/replaceable rollers. Or are you advocating throwing away repeatedly?

Wallpaper roller? Think I'm probably missing the point as usual. :oops: Spreads the glue out alright, quick wipe of the plastic wheel with a rag and chuck it out the way. Like I say apologies if i'm missing the point. (Again) :|

*sits in the corner with a pointy hat and writes out fifty times : Don't get involved with the bigger boys you'll just embarrass yourself (again).

I generally use a decent 4" foam roller to spread adhesive when joining larger flat areas, then a hard rubber roller from an art shop to apply even pressure to the panels - works a treat, generally. The advantage of a cheap foam roller with contact adhesive is that if it goes off, you just chuck it away and use another, at minimal cost.

HTH Pete

Latest posts

Back