Glenn Lucas at work .

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I admire his tenacity doing the bread and butter bowl turning but I'm afraid that sort of employment would have broken my spirit very early on.

CHJ":k7w3bm46 said:
I admire his tenacity doing the bread and butter bowl turning but I'm afraid that sort of employment would have broken my spirit very early on.
I agree must be boring :(

I've seen one of his DVD's and he seems a really nice bloke. He does teach as well as do his classic bowls but I guess he's in business at the end of the day and the business of turners is.......turning. I think I'd be gouging my own eyes out after a fortnight too though.

Glenn is a real gentleman and an amazing woodturner. He did his fair share of spindle turning when he began turning and is just as skilled at it as he is bowl turning. Super friendly bloke and only too willing to pass on pearls of wisdom that he has learned over the years.

winemaker":31g328m3 said:
CHJ":31g328m3 said:
I agree must be boring :(
I suppose it can be ,but well paid , and if you can travel around the world teaching and demonstrating for three or four months it kind of breaks up the boredom I would imagine .

Over here for the last four or five years we have been on our knees because of the greed of many and the stupidity of others .Anyone lucky enough to have work could not afford to be bored,Glenn has shown what a great young man he is by working through all this boredom and helping others along the way to achieve what he has and rear a very fine family. Boredom no dedication to what he loves and bloody hard work YES .

Back