Gidday!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petiegolfer

Established Member
Reaction score
Been making stuff since I was a nipper. Showed my hand tooo early in my married life and have had to keep doing things around the house since!

Lurked here for the last week and as Im wanting to set up a work shop for sorting the new house out thought that it would be a good idea to become active.

Past projects have included a stengun age 7 a grass sled age 10 a chair at college loads of shelves. Last house the one across the road...quite literally...large shed, kitchen, huge deck / garden relandscaping.

Wanting to set up a decent workshop to sort the new house and also for future projects.

Current tools are:

Makita router, drills, circ saw, jig saw.
Metabo KGS 305...its a beast!
Panasonic EY range cordless drill / impact driver.

Im looking to set up with a table saw bandsaw and planer / thicknesser. Might be able to stretch to £2k for the lot.

Future projects for the new house are going to be:

"The Oakroom"....shed under the 250 year old Oak in the garden to house wood working / workshop. Wood work and golfclub making...maybe even a kitcar!? :)

Big raised deck in our sloping garden and tool shed.

Veranda in front of the house.

Shelves in kids playroom.

Two bathroooms and a kitchen.

Four wardrobes.....and after all that probably a box for my departure!! :) :D

Have already learnt a lot lurking looking forward to learning alot more!

Piers

Petiegolfer":27t8cdlz said:
Wanting to set up a decent workshop to sort the new house and also for future projects.

Future projects for the new house are going to be:

"The Oakroom"....shed under the 250 year old Oak in the garden to house wood working / workshop. Wood work and golfclub making...maybe even a kitcar!? :)

Big raised deck in our sloping garden and tool shed.

Veranda in front of the house.

Shelves in kids playroom.

Two bathroooms and a kitchen.

Four wardrobes.....and after all that probably a box for my departure!! :) :D

Have already learnt a lot lurking looking forward to learning alot more!

Piers

That's the August bank holiday sorted, what you doing for the rest of the summer? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best of luck and welcome to the forum.

Gary

He he :D

We have managed to get to the house where we think we will stay for a while! So the list is long! :(

Mrs C has decorating as a top priority...I hate stripping and painting!!

The move netted a great double garage and the space for the "Oakroom". Thats the Project that I want to get on with the most but certain people hae other ideas!

I will post some previous projects tomorrow at work.

3 under 8 have a big bearing on time...currently having to finish widening the drive and finishing the first room decorating.

I think I enjoy it after driving a desk all day...then again sometimes not so sure....but you do have to keep pushing the envelope!

Piers :D

Welcome to the forum Piers (or is that one of the things you have made :D ) you'll learn a lot of new tricks on here, not from me though i'll leave that to the experts.

Martin

Welcome aboard, i'm sure like me you'll benefit greatly from some of the superb minds we have contributing to this forum.

Welcome to the forum Piers. I've been building a workshop and setting it up for about 2 years now. Still work in progress as the day job keeps getting in the way.
I'm quite local in Romsey. If you want to meet up and compare notes etc, drop me a PM.

Bob

Latest posts

Back