getting plaster off brickwork

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big soft moose

Established Member
Reaction score
my old dear has just had the worlds most inept plasterer (reccomended by age concern, grr) doing some work in her lounge, and dozy pillock has got plaster all over the brickwork of the fireplace.

so guess who's got to get it off - any thoughts on how - its too thin to scrape - and my old dear was worried that using a wire brush might damage the surface of the bricks.

big soft moose":3vsncvg2 said:
my old dear has just had the worlds most inept plasterer (reccomended by age concern, grr) doing some work in her lounge, and dozy pillock has got plaster all over the brickwork of the fireplace.

so guess who's got to get it off - any thoughts on how - its too thin to scrape - and my old dear was worried that using a wire brush might damage the surface of the bricks.

I suppose if you wet the plaster thoroughly it might come off a lot easier, however you do it.

Galleon Claygate (who made those rather nice briquette fireplaces) used to do a cleaner solution for them which shifted plaster rather well. Don't know if they are still in business.

But from the smell, it was just some sort of dilute acid, so vinegar/battery acid or even Coke might do?

"Acid", pop down to your local bulders merchant and ask, they'll sell you a 5 litre container for not very much.

laird":3ph7olqc said:
"Acid", pop down to your local bulders merchant and ask, they'll sell you a 5 litre container for not very much.

Brick cleaner acid is a no go indoors the fumes will take your breath away also it needs washing down afterwards

Latest posts

Back