Getting Old

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M P Hales

Established Member
Reaction score
Found short piece of dowel yesterday whilst clearing corner of WS
Only after putting to one side thinking "that will come in handy for stirring paint" did I realise the years are passing fast and I'm turning into my FATHER :( :( :oops: :!:

Please add your experiance of realising the passing of the years.

I went for a run in the park and spent more than half the time picking up other people's litter and moaning about them to myself!

Oh, and I ache in the morning

I picked up my first set of varifocals today. Last week I found myself buying a Saab estate. The flat cap that my mother in law gave me for wearing whilst walking the dogs is beginning to look very sensible in this cold weather. I've become interested in woodturning. Ah, the hedonistic joys of middle age. !!

Robert

Max Power":2a98kgwk said:
When you stop fancying older women and start fancying younger ones :lol:

Totally wrong Max! It's when you look at the younger ones and decide that there is no way that you could keep up with them, or so I have been told :roll: :roll:

If I ever start to be like my old man then I will throw myself off a small bridge totally naked into a HUGE nettle bed and follow that by finding a huge bridge to throw my self off! I would NEVER wish anyone to be like him!

Although you seem to be shrinking the floor seems further down when you drop something and getting back up takes longer than it used to!

Further to moppetsdad comment, when you do bend down to pick up something you have dropped, you look around to see if there is anything else to do round there to save bending down again.

when you utter the words ' this isn't music its just noise!'
th_old.gif

When you post a 1959 title in the Song Name Game thread - and can still remember the words.

Robbo

The day I took my daughter to school only to discover her teacher was younger than me, that was 23 years ago!

That must mean I'm really old now.

Stew

Latest posts

Back