• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FTAGH Free!.....Jarrah Wood?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Distinterior

Established Member
Reaction score
I was given this piece of what I believe is Jarrah wood about 15 years ago.
It is very hard and very heavy for its size.
It's been hiding in the depths of my workshop and I came across it yesterday whilst looking for something else and as I've never found a use for it, I wondered if any fellow member fancied taking it off my hands...?

Here is a link to " The Wood Database ( Hardwood)" which gives a detailed description.....
https://www.wood-database.com/jarrah/
It would be nice to know that someone has made good use of it as it was given to me by a good friend of my Father's. Unfortunately, both he and my Father have now passed away and it would be a shame to chuck it out.

I will post a couple of pictures and dimensions shortly.

Edit. Here are the photos and the piece measures roughly 300m x 150mm dia. ( I have dampened the end in the first photo to show its colour)
I have absolutely no idea how long ago it was cut/ felled but I would imagine at least 20 to 25 years ago, as i know my Father's friend had had it for many years before he gave it to me....

Regards, Tim.

20231008_085702.jpg
20231008_085716.jpg
20231008_085728.jpg

Last edited:
just heard from my daughter in Ozz, she's on a years workaway.....
her last job was using Jarahh for some outside fencing framework.....!!!!!!!!
next they'll be using it for pallets.....
I live in a hardwood wasteland/desert....

just heard from my daughter in Ozz, she's on a years workaway.....
her last job was using Jarahh for some outside fencing framework.....!!!!!!!!
next they'll be using it for pallets.....
I live in a hardwood wasteland/desert....

It's yours if you want it Clogs...? Lord knows how much it would cost to ship to Crete though, as it is HEAVY and cutting it is a real challenge, to put it mildly!

Back