German Tilt and Turn Windows

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Modernist

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently mentioned I was making some T & T windows and had several queries asking for timber sections etc. I made mine using the Felder German Window guide which is, unfortunately, only available in German!

my.php
[/url]

I can add siome images of construction and the finished windows if anyone is interested.[/img]

Aplologies for the presentation of the images - I am new to this

You could say I got into rebates!
my.php
[/url]
A couple of shots of the finsihed windows (without alloy windowcills)
[/img]
my.php
[/url]
[/img]
I'll do some more work on the autosketch diagrams of the rebate details and sections which are mind numbing on some of the corner joints.

They look very nice. I've always like that type of window since seeing it in Germany many years ago. Where do you get the opening and closing mechanism from?

Cheers :wink:

Paul

That turned out, and remains, the problem. Believe it or not I ended up in a builders merchant in Munich as all the UK operators stock only gear for UPVC.

Even Roto, the biggest (Agent Wagner in Gillingham) do not carry some timber parts in the UK although several parts are common to all systems.

It was a steep learning curve and I almost feel like setting up a German window business to make use of the experience.

Thanks, I thought that might be the case. Those windows never seem to have caught on over here, whereas they are commonplace in the rest of Europe. As you suggest, it's probably easier to have a weekend in Germany and buy the stuff over there - even if you could get the stuff over here it would probably be a lot more expensive.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Modernist":18ivdmwu said:
Just testing image posting!
[URL=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/

584/windows3zc3.jpg[/URL][/img]

Hi Modernist,
Now you are making me drool over that machine!

Also:
Dann müssen Sie lernen fließendes Deutsch mein Freund sprechen!

Do you know, I didn't realise my T&T windows were a German design. They have been fitted for about 18 years now.

John :)

Hi John, Yes it is nice. Interestingly Hammer have discontinued that model with the big surfacer as they felt it damaged sales of the Felder equivalent at twice the price!

Unfortunately only my niece speaks German

Cheers

Brian

Well Brian,

I don't speak much of it myself, but I know where to go online, when I want to write a little bit of the sprechenzie!

:whistle:

Still a nice machine. I went down the standalone route when I kitted out my workshop, so I use a Sedgwick 12" under and over, to go with the Coronet Major I bought in 1971.

I think the only thing that damages the Felder's chances in the market place is its price, and I did consider one, when I went to a show at the NEC, a few years back.

The first 'machine' I bought, (aside from a drill) was a Briton wood trimmer, @ £8.9.6d! (£8.47.5p)

T/Care
John

Latest posts

Back