Garden Workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnCee

Established Member
Reaction score
Thinking about having a smallish workshop (12'x10'-ish) built in the garden for for year round workshop use. Needs to be warm and secure with a good solid floor.
Has anyone on the board used these? http://www.proworkshop.co.uk
Any good, or just an overpriced shed?

They look quite nice and I imagine well built (the technology and process is quite well established now). Is it worth the price? Well how long's a piece of string. If I know what I now know about my shed when I moved into my house, I would have torn it down and purchased something like this.

Remember, piping power to it will add more expense as will getting a concrete slab laid. If you're going to stack a lot of wood on a wall, you might want to get a specific indication of their loading capacity.

JohnCee":6dxeo35q said:
Thinking about having a smallish workshop (12'x10'-ish) built in the garden for for year round workshop use. Needs to be warm and secure with a good solid floor.
Has anyone on the board used these? http://www.proworkshop.co.uk
Any good, or just an overpriced shed?

YEOWCH! :shock: I'M IN THE WRONG JOB! I just had a 16ft x 17ft concrete garage built, no windows, flat roof but with 7'6 eves which just stays inside planning requirements. I put the base down and they put the thing up. It has a 4' steel door. So it's a lot more secure than a timber building. Cost me £3400. The comparable size on the site above would be well over £7k. You could buy an awful lot of nice kit and exotic timber for the difference.

I'm insulating and lining mine with 3/4 ply and putting down an insulated ply floor too as well as a ceiling. The materials for that will probably cost £1000. On top of that I'm beefing up the roof so the sheets cannot be easily removed, probably another £200. So about £4500 all in.

Back