Furniture Style Question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SketchUp Guru

Established Member
Reaction score
5079907192_591261011e_z.jpg

Is there much interest in the UK, or in Europe in general, in older, classic furniture styles such as that from the Arts and Crafts period? Do you think woodworkers there would be interested in metric versions of plans for those types of furniture? By metric versions I don't mean just converting directly from inches to millimetres. Rather I'm thinking about conversions to standard dimensions.

Can't speak for others but I would be.
In my (less than exhaustive) search for plans online I have noticed that the majority are imperial.

As an aside, that sketch/plan looks cool Dave. What style did you use? (and do you know where I can get some styles from for the free version?)

Thanks.

Adam.

houtslager":luiq8819 said:
ok course we on this side would be interested :) do't frget that some people say that the A&C movement began over here :p

k

By some, you must mean all !!! :lol:

Thank you gentlemen. That's encouraging.

Adam, thank you for the compliment. The image is a combination of a quickly rendered image of the model using Shaderlight and a sketchy line style that I got from Form Fonts. In the case of the render, I only added a transparent material to the glass and I didn't spend much time trying to make it look exactly like glass. The other surfaces are just the default face color. The render was done at a medium quality level just to get it done.

A&C with a MacIntosch feel, I like both and see them as cousins (design wise) Green&Green might not be lost in there either! Many designs had influences from others, it was the execution of a design that people noticed.

By metric versions I don't mean just converting directly from inches to millimetres. Rather I'm thinking about conversions to standard dimensions.

As in desgned around what is available pre-planed?
Could prove tricky. Wood yards can be fickle on exact dimensions (at least round here)

Back