Fuji HVLP gun

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rileytoolworks

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if other guns will fit the Fuji system?
I'm getting a 2nd hand MM3 with gravity feed gun, but Axi want £175 for a suction cup version, and although I reckon it's probably worth it, given the new features, I can't stretch to that kind of money. Fuji used to do a conversion kit, but Axi tech. dept. say it's discontinued.
If anyone gets a chance, could you take a photo of the fitting?
Much obliged.

Adam.

P.S. Expect loads of questions regarding spraying in the near future!! :lol:

I can take some pics but I wont be back in the shop until thursday so someone may be able to help out sooner. I presume you want the fitting on the end of the hose and the fitment on the spraygun?

cheers

jon

There you go..

DSC01004.jpg

DSC01005.jpg

DSC01006.jpg

DSC01007.jpg

Adam

I have a brand new unused gravity to bottom feed ("g2b") conversion kit for the Fuji XT gun.

My Fuji Q4 came with a bottom feed gun as standard and I bought this g2b conversion kit in error intending to get a b2g one(!) and for some reason that I cannot recall, it was not economic to send it back. Actually, I recall it came from Rutlands and I think it was wrongly described by them; I suspect I just did not get round to sending it back.

You are welcome to have the kit at the price I paid for it which was £35.90.

Here is a picture

Fujig2b.jpg

I would say it is helpful to have both the gravity and bottom feed options available - as you say, the bottom feed cup is much bigger (you would not want a bigger gravity feed cup as it would be unwieldy and unbalanced).

I have bought two other optional items for my XT gun:
- a kit to convert the gravity cup to a top pressure cup (as I found that some paint I was using was rather reluctant to flow through consistently). I think the latest Fuji gun is pressurised as standard, but this kit involved a new cap for the gravity cup and an air bleed off nipple connector for the front of the gun and a longer air tube (than you see on the bottom feed cup) with a little non return valve. I ordered these bits through Axminster, having researched the Fuji part numbers myself; they were not very expensive.

- I have also recently added all the bits to use the 3M PPS system - this is fantastic and enables you to use the gun at all angles and upside down which is great in confined spaces like finishing inside a cupboard (although it only has a much smaller cup). It was quite an effort to figure out all the necessary bits for this set up and I ended up getting the main parts from the US (not hugely expensive, but the import fee added a bit).

If you want the kit, perhaps you would send me a pm. Let me know if there are any other details you need on any of the above.

Cheers

RILEY":1z3lg3n5 said:
Oooh. Q4 Gold. You flash sod!
How are you getting on with the wardrobes?

Adam.

You will have to go over to the otherside to find out :wink:

Adam asked me for details of the pressure conversion parts for the Fuji XT gun; I said I would post here in case anyone else is interested.

Here are two pictures of the gravity feed gun with the pressure tube modification:

Spraygun1.jpg

Spraygun2.jpg

Here is a copy of the parts diagram (taken from the latest manual online for the newer XPC gun, but the parts concerned are the same as far as I can tell):

Fujipartsdiagram.jpg

The parts you need to convert a non-pressurised gravity pot into a pressurised one are as follows:
1. a new lid with nipple adaptor (this comes as an assembled item and the parts diagram does not show the part number for the lid assembly, but Axminster did get one of these for me without having to buy another whole cup)
2. nipple adaptor - part no 2020
3. 90 degree nipple - part no 2021
4. pressure tube L (for "long") - part no 2024-L (I bought a pack of 5)

Hope that helps - the Fuji website is really rather poor and I found it quite difficult to sort out what was available and required.

Whilst on the subject, here is a picture of the gun with the 3M PPS minipot attached - ypu can see it is very compact.

Spraygun3.jpg

The system is best explained on the 3M PPS website, but it basically works by holding the paint in a flexible inner liner which collapses to virtually nothing as the paint is used up. The inner liner and cap is disposable (although I have been reusing them throughout a particular job. Overall it was an additional investment of about £100 or so for the adaptor, the outer pressure pot and a stock of disposable lids and liners. The lids have an integral filter which saves filtering the paint before use. All in all, once I got a system to operate this, I have been very pleased with it and it is definitely quicker on cleanup.

Cheers

I was going to ask the same thing about the Apollo system we use at work, the guns are about £130 new whereas a DeVilbiss budget gun costs about £80 which I'd like to try...

We did it once before with a very very poor spray gun where a mate made an adaptor to fit between the thread of the gun and a spare QR fitting to match the hose, but it didn't answer any questions to be honest...

Maybe worth a go though if you know someone with a lathe :D

I've seen the 3M PPS system in use and the painters (auto) loved it compared to the traditional gravity\suction suns and these were guys using expensive guns. 'Suppose will just have to put the Fuji system on the list of things I don't need but want! :lol:

Adam

You may like to check you are receiving your pm's - I have replied to you twice, but it seems from your previous message you are not receiving mine.

cheers

Back