Fretsaw just gone ping!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KFW

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Started on my eiffel tower project a few weeks back and doing quite well until i heard a ping on my machine as i undid the clamp lever i noticed things were loose. from looking at the manual, i think it's the pin, tension lever has gone. As my machine is next to the wall, i couldnt imagine it would have flown far. Searched everywhere in the garage and nowhere to be seen. Only last place i havent looked is on the edges on the ceiling walls which is almost pointless
I've attached 2 picutres, one of a panel i finished a week back and the other of pin that is missing. As it's easter weekend, axminters is not open. Could i simply put a circular bolt with a nut in as temporary measure?
Such a shame with this easter weekend for scrolling!

Thanks

tony

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 796
  • photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 796
Hi Tony,
If I'm right in assuming that you have a Hegner lookalike then, although my machine is not from Axminster, then I had the same problem - the small pin has(d) no retaining clips but just a push fit - I lost mine and replaced it with a small, cut to length, split pin. no trouble since. I used to have to remember to keep pushing the pin back into place only once I forgot!!!
Hope it helps,
Bob H.
p.s. I've mentioned this before - axminsters-awfs18-t39845.html

thanks bob.
I replaced it with a split pin like you and it works ok, though after i complained axminter sent me a replacement which i dont intend to use

thanks

Tony

Back