Free wood. - more added

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex s

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok so I need some space. This is a 20" wide by 92" long 3" thick wany edge board, weighs lots. Thing is I am not sure what it is... I have a feeling it is yew, it has been air dried since 1987.
As I cant be sure what it is I am reluctant to sell it as would hate to sell and find out I was wrong.

So it is going free to a good home.

3 conditions.....

1. Not to be sold on, I want this to go to someone who will use it themselves.
2. Collection only from Chingford, east London.
3. If it goes to a turner, would be nice to get a peice made from it back.

DSC00282-2.jpg

DSC00283-1.jpg

Ok, more added. as above. Gassman has first dibs on the large slab above, however if he doesnt want all of it the guys who responeded get the remainder.

Ok next lot.

This is either mahogany or more likley utile(i think) size is 38"x6"x2.5"

DSC00286-1.jpg

next bits are english walnut. sizes are 28"x8.5"x 1" and 28"x5"x1"

DSC00284-1.jpg

Next is beech.. one side is good, the other side has bark, see photos. 74"x 11" x 1.25"

DSC00287.jpg

DSC00288.jpg

Nearly 10 min and no takers everyone must be in the workshop.

I would love to have it but cant get down home for about 2 weeks, so if you would like to hold onto it till then....but I am sure someone will be along in a min to take it.

john

PS. Dont think its Yew looks more like cherry in the photo.

I would be interested (and as a turner would return a bowl). I see that Gasman got in there first - if you have spare Gasman I'd help you out :) :)

Miles

wizer":3pz1l824 said:
I'll take some if it's being shared!

I was sure you'd be in there first. I thought you were stepping back from the wood for a bit. I'll be your online conscience if you like. You've got enough wood already!

PM sent re anything over 2.5" :) Especially the Mahogany; there's got to be some nice platters in that :)

Miles

Chems":2uucprru said:
wizer":2uucprru said:
I'll take some if it's being shared!

I was sure you'd be in there first. I thought you were stepping back from the wood for a bit. I'll be your online conscience if you like. You've got enough wood already!

Chems. Shut Up! :lol:

PM Sent re: Walnut.

All gone, subject to collection.

Will add more when I come across it.

Cheers
Alex

Too late for free wood again :)

Alex kindly gave me a scroll saw for free and I have put it to good use. He wanted shot of it because he had to keep moving it about. I have a home planned for it but not got round to it yet so I seem to be moving about a lot too :)

Think I saw that large plank when I was there - glad I don't have to lift it!

Very generous again Alex!

miles_hot":1bg299jk said:
PM sent re anything over 2.5" :) Especially the Mahogany; there's got to be some nice platters in that :)

Miles

you'll never fit that in the elise- do you want our trusty steed again (in return for a square of the wood ;) )

(also if you are picking stuff up from alex without my help , could you drop those besseys off at the same time ?)

let me know

big soft moose":m6890e54 said:
miles_hot":m6890e54 said:

Miles

you'll never fit that in the elise- do you want our trusty steed again (in return for a square of the wood ;) )

(also if you are picking stuff up from alex without my help , could you drop those besseys off at the same time ?)

let me know

BSM, if Miles can bring the clamps, I will happily chuck in some wood for you, got some 4" Air dried chesnut, also some 3" maple, and some 3" air dried elm...any use to you?

Cheers
Alex

big soft moose":r285them said:
miles_hot":r285them said:

Miles

let me know
If the trusty steed is available I'd be more than happy to take advantage - you could be right about the Elise... There could be some milage in travelling from my new work place in Aylesbury...

Miles

alex s":et2qesjx said:
got some 4" Air dried chesnut, also some 3" maple, and some 3" air dried elm...any use to you?

:tongue9: =P~

alex s":32xhymqq said:
big soft moose":32xhymqq said:
miles_hot":32xhymqq said:

Miles

let me know

BSM, if Miles can bring the clamps, I will happily chuck in some wood for you, got some 4" Air dried chesnut, also some 3" maple, and some 3" air dried elm...any use to you?

Cheers
Alex

sure any of the above

wood is always useful :)

miles_hot":g0oetnvm said:
big soft moose":g0oetnvm said:
miles_hot":g0oetnvm said:

Miles

let me know
If the trusty steed is available I'd be more than happy to take advantage - you could be right about the Elise... There could be some milage in travelling from my new work place in Aylesbury...

Miles

my old dear lives near aylesbury so i could probably meet you over there - whether the trusty chariot is available will depend on when you want to do it -(alternately if the truck isnt available its suprising how much will fit in a focus estate so we could use the moosemobile instead) pm me

Hi I would be interested in any decent wood to play with as I making a high chair for a good friend of mine for their first child.

all the best Ian

Latest posts

Back