Fox F50-842 2hp dust extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raymond UK

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.fox-machines.com/en/fox-mach ... f=49&p=241

Bought one of these about a month ago and I'm very impressed. I've used it for a week inside the shed but decided to make a lean to outside the shed for it to live in as it's fairly big. :shock:

I'm running 100mm pipe through the wall to the router table and another to the bandsaw, scroll saw and belt sander with a shut off gate. Suction is great from this machine.

A lot of power compared to my Clarke 1hp dust extractor and quieter too. The Clarke extractor connected to a cyclone is now dedicated to the table saw only.

Just need to get myself a small mobile wet/dry vac for my sanders and I should be all set for dust extraction.

Just finished the lean to and plumbed it in. Misses Ray keeps saying it looks like an outside toilet... :roll:

Hi Raymond
Was thinking about this extractor or the charnwood one, Do you think it's possible to detach the motor from the base and mount it to a wall?
Cheers

I can’t see a problem mounting it on a wall. From the motor it’s just a flexible pipe.

I have a similar motor hung from my wall. This unit actually came with wall mounting brackets.

I’ll post an image later. Don’t know how to do that from my phone

I'd love to shove my extractor outside but since its an NVR switch I can't turn it on remotely, is this setup with auto start?

I know the NVR switches are there for a reason but I have replaced the switch with a standard switch on both HV extractors. They're available on the bay for less than a fiver and are a straight fit.

I use a dual channel remote control to control both extractors from one remote. The remote is smaller than a matchbox so you can keep it in your pocket at all times.

I can't find the remote I bought but it's the same as this but 2-channel. Think it was about 6 quid.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Channel-DC ... :rk:7:pf:0

Hmm my electric skills only involve wiring new plugs onto my machines and fitting mcb's, wouldn't know how to bridge the nvr cables which is a shame! Seems like the perfect solution.

So these Fox extractors are regular 3 pin plug? My big one is 16amp so would be handy to have one that runs off a regular socket.

Thanks both for the replies!

Anything up to 2990W will run off a 13amp socket taking voltage at 230 x 13amp that's near 4HP, its the start up current that can be a problem, easily remedied by replacing the mcb with a motor rated unit.

Mike

For efficient operation you need a vent in the shed to allow air to escape, and a vent to allow air to enter the workshop. In winter the extractor will draw the warm air out of the workspace very swiftly but that's preferable to inhaling the fine dust that gets through the bag.
Mike.

chris-a":2sqoatgw said:
Hmm my electric skills only involve wiring new plugs onto my machines and fitting mcb's, wouldn't know how to bridge the nvr cables which is a shame! Seems like the perfect solution.

So these Fox extractors are regular 3 pin plug? My big one is 16amp so would be handy to have one that runs off a regular socket.

Thanks both for the replies!

The Fox F50-841 and F50-842 are 13A the F50-843 is 16A. The 843 is 3hp

Charnwood even specify 16A supply for 2HP extractor which works fine on 13A plug. 3HP can also work on 13A but it depends on the motor's inrush current on startup - try it and see, at worst it can only pop the plug fuse.

Hello raymond uk. I know this is an old post but was just wondering if you are still using this fox f50 842 and would you still recommend. Thinking of buying one myself.
Thanks.

Great thank you very much for the reply. Literally going to place an order now for one and a charnwood 1micron cartridge filter. Again thanks.

Back