Forum users' Table saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ryobi ets1525sc
haven't used it really so can't say anything about it, but blade has play in it so not sure........

neilyweely":1i27a6b4 said:
ryobi ets1525sc
haven't used it really so can't say anything about it, but blade has play in it so not sure........

Well, do let us know please! This is the sort of thing you can only find out at a demo. (which is often not possible) or from personal recommendations as on the forum.
Henry

henry, have to take saw to work to use as i live in a flat. will be 'customising' some kitchen units this week, so will need to chop them down and try saw.

last time i 'customised' a kitchen i had to buy some replacement worksurface for 70quid after 'testing' a new router!!!!

wish me luck, and will report in soon with whatever details i can give!!

neilyweely":2jemjwtx said:
henry, have to take saw to work to use as i live in a flat. will be 'customising' some kitchen units this week, so will need to chop them down and try saw.

last time i 'customised' a kitchen i had to buy some replacement worksurface for 70quid after 'testing' a new router!!!!

wish me luck, and will report in soon with whatever details i can give!!

Ouch!! Good luck and let's hear your report.
Henry

Hankfoner

Ok, Ryobi ets1525sc -
I cut a 3.5m length of melamine faced kitchen worksurface, and a load of chipboard with the T/S and the only problem was human error, not the saw (the bloke I work for was supposed to be supporting the end of the wood but pulled the worktop out at a slight angle, away from the fence, and left us with a small discrepancy in the width of the worktop- about 3mm).

The edges of the cut were very smooth, no chips taken out of the worksurface, and no heat generated along the cut at all. So, in spite of some of the reports I have heard on the 1525 I have to say I was quite impressed.

I was asked to report on this saw, hope I have put this in the right place, if I am doing anything wrong would a moderator please pm me and let me know? Thanks, and greetings to Henry in Israel!!!

neilyweely":3r0kvm8e said:
Hankfoner

Ok, Ryobi ets1525sc -
I cut a 3.5m length of melamine faced kitchen worksurface, and a load of chipboard with the T/S and the only problem was human error, not the saw (the bloke I work for was supposed to be supporting the end of the wood but pulled the worktop out at a slight angle, away from the fence, and left us with a small discrepancy in the width of the worktop- about 3mm).

The edges of the cut were very smooth, no chips taken out of the worksurface, and no heat generated along the cut at all. So, in spite of some of the reports I have heard on the 1525 I have to say I was quite impressed.

I was asked to report on this saw, hope I have put this in the right place, if I am doing anything wrong would a moderator please pm me and let me know? Thanks, and greetings to Henry in Israel!!!

Well, thanks, Neilyweely! I was at a building exhibition recently and found a Ryobi booth. They have a new distributor here so I may be able to order the saw - assuming that the price stays right compared to the competition. It's good to have someone else's experience.
Good luck!
Henry

Triton 2000
Perfect for my small work area as I can detach the table and hang the rest on the wall.

Record RSTS12(i think).Not seen it for a while as sold my house to a mate and not got round to having a new home for it yet.He is probably cutting up nail filled scaffolding planks with it(he's a bricky)so i better get my new workshop built and get it out of my old shop.

On a different note,thinking of upgrading to something better.Any recommendations?

the best bit of iron,you can fit in a garage,a wadkin ags 10,with a proper fence,far better than our american cousins unisaw,no hollow front and rear fence bars on our wadkins,mine is a 1979 model,would scrit know if that was last all cast top and base,before they went all steel.

Latest posts

Back