Forum users' Table saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
merylvingien":woqq885a said:
Aha i see said the blind man

Cheers DaveL

wadkins.jpg

Same here merylvingien, excellent saws :) What year was your made? Looks 1960's?

Thats another for the Wadkin 10AGS

I'm not sure of the year, but tommorow i will have a look, to be honest it realy has had its day and i have a funny feeling that it will soon be replaced with an import from the US of A.

I have gotten by with a Coronet 10" saw attachment on my Major Combination machine, since 1971.

I keep it happy with TLC, and so far it has never let me down.
It runs true, and is extremely accurate.

Drawback?
It does go out of adjustment easily, when I swivel it around, to rip long, heavy stock. (Not so bad that it might cause an accident, but after first sawing of 2" oak for instance, I usually have to set the saw up again.

I also use an Elu 9.25" Circular saw, in a Triton workcentre, mostly in the overhead mode, for dimension cutting leg and rail stock. The Triton is about 12 years old. Triton seems to go out of square easily, and it's a pain to ensure accuracy when you move the table up and down the scale.

If I win the auction on ebay at the moment, I will have a Wadkin 10" to restore.

:D

John

I have just purchased a Holzprofi MJ2325D (the same as the Aminster saw that Tony reported on).
Great saw and i agree with everything Tony said about it. I woul have bought it from Axminster but they wanted £300 to ship it to France where I live.

Paul.J":1j99g20x said:
Delta Unisaw.Left tilt.
Which i am glad to say have decided to keep :D
Paul.J.

Sound decision. I could not imagine how you could have lived with yourself if you had sold it!!

Bob

Paul.J":2vo06q6w said:
Delta Unisaw.Left tilt.
Which i am glad to say have decided to keep :D
Paul.J.

A wise man for a Brum. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

9fingers wrote
I could not imagine how you could have lived with yourself if you had sold it!!
It was bad enough coming to terms to sell it,and then when i did finally,couldn't get it out of my mind. :roll:

Gary wrote
A wise man for a Brum.
In the end i suppose Gary :shock:

Paul.J.

Bosch GTS10

replaced the standard Bosch blade with a CMT narrow kerf combination blade - works great - how did I ever do without a table saw....

:lol:

I wrote
Which i am glad to say have decided to keep
Paul.J.

Got a phone call out the blue and my Delta Unisaw has now gone :cry:
It was a very hard decision to come to,but i will get more use out of my new lathe now :D When i finally come to terms with what i've done.
Paul.J. :cry: :cry:

Back