Forum users' Table saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Proud owner of a superb CF741S Felder Pro

Lovin it, but very much at the beginning of the learning curve. The options are very expensive however, bit like speccing up a BMW or Audi.....I ended up making my own - see thread in jigs etc

The sliding carriage is awesome and its very accurate, but its tricky to do rip cuts with the bare machine - you need some additional clamping and fences.

sorry, hadnt seen that picture- i think it took a few mins to load on my computer.

Good job on the fence- can you recall which youtube video you used?

I would suggest a covering plate/sheet over the guiding surface of the fence, the counterbores will almost certainly be catching on the workpiece, disturbing the cut. Ditto the holes in the table past the blade, maybe they could be firmly plugged.

I take your point, however not all wood [that I use at least] is completely smooth and well behaved, the odd unseen splinter or fibre can snag, and in my experience it will.

Meant to say, I like what you've done.

I am just starting to build up my workshop with tools that I usually need to do my next project (or that's what I tell the wife!)

I bought my table saw (Mac Allister COD250LTS) second hand last year to build a greenhouse and did a great job at ripping 4x2's down to thickness I needed etc...

Very budget entry (this cost me £90 second hand) and hope to upgrade when funds are made available.

I have.a Stratrite DS 275, with the sliding table and extension rails for the fence. The best about the saw is that it tilts away from the fence. No trapped wood!! And you can cut window tenans to the cill using the sliding table. the saw tilts the correct way to make it possible. It will rip 4" seasoned English Oak when required.

Updated to a SCM SI15F with sliding table extension. Will cut up to 51/2" and has a scoring blade. Absolutely superb Saw.

I've got a Ferm one that I picked up this summer from an old chap that lives about 300 yards away from me, for the bargain sum of £30!

I've only used it once, to check it worked ok, and it seems to. Never used a table saw prior to that so I need to do some practising on how to use it all correctly. I'm sure for this money it's likely a questionable machine, but it appeared to cut a test bit of wood in a straight line. The fence is pretty rubbish, and the mitre guide thing wobbles about so probably not much use.

I'm sure though I'll be able to tweak it once I begin using it and finding what annoys me.

Will check the model number and update this post accordingly.

*Edit* My one is a Ferm FZT-250

SIP, 12". Was looking at a similar saw in a local auction house from a workshop clearance which went for £180 (+ 20% fee) so bought the Sip for £150.

Latest posts

Back