Forum users' Table saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wadkin sp12 at my Workshop

was using a Mikita MTL100 at home until it went up in smoke last weekend.

Axminster TS 200, recently fitted into a homemade cabinet and with the Axminster Band saw fence upgrade, which is great!

I've never had a table saw, which I believe to be an American invention. I have owned in turn a Startrite and a Luna circular saw bench, though. This is UKWorkshop! Let's keep the terminology British! Otherwise every a*se will become an ass.

Changed to a kity 618. Winter project is a few mods to it- biesmeyer fence with micro adjust, router table extension, jigs.

Hi guys this is my first post on this site, in fact first post on any forum :D I have read a few posts and I have to say, speaking as a carpenter there seems to be a shed load of experience and good advive given here.

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but Im sure I will find out the drills shortly.

I have an erbauer table saw, which has worked fine up untill a few days ago when it started to make a noise. I took it apart and noticed that the splines at the end of the armeture shaft had been stripped. Now I am aware through reading some of the posts, that parts are not available for this saw, however this part appears to look like a pretty standard 10 tooth gear.

I did read on another forum that one member had managed to get his motor for the same saw repaired. I would like to knowe if anyone can suggest a repair company, or at least a place I can buy the part.

Even though this is a low end brand, the saw is in great shape and does a lovley cut, so I am reluctant to throw it, as some posts have suggested. I am the type of person who doent like to be beat, and I am sure this can be repaired.

So please if anyone has any suggestions I would be really greatfull, I hate being without a table saw, everything seems so much hard work without one. :cry:

Many thanks guys

Back