Forum difficulties

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coach-carpenter

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening guys,

I posted on here this morning under my new username (I was edwards.gregory or something similar but haven't used that in years and to be honest i've forgotten exactly what it was) Anywhere here I am as the Coach house carpenter.

I did get a message from a Mark who i imagine is a forum moderator? And he told me I needed to post a few more times before I could start a thread? Well I think i'm up to scratch with that but I'm curious if I can post my original thread yet? ( I haven't got it saved and its disappeared of the forum? I presume because this is a new account?

Sorry I read through the forum rules but if someone could enlighten me. I'd literally just like to have my original post wording back so I can repost it on the forum when i've met the criteria? The thread contains pictures if that helps?

Thanks all.

Greg

Oh an apologies i did introduce myself in the other thread. I will do a proper introduction again. but for now - hello everyone. Haha.

Welcome, pretty new myself. Aren't you the lad who posted an advert this morning for a portable site work table? Think there are some rules about adverts, may have been removed because of that.

Fitz.

I think he may have mentioned a previous account name/duplicate account aswell ?

Coley

was it the long rambling advert type thread that got deleted , I wonder why LOL

Right so thats why it was deleted. Okay well as I stated it certainly wasn't an advert - i didn't provide any links or prices. It's a shame as it's something I'm excited about and was looking for feedback as to modifications or jig / accessory ideas. Spending 6 months on something and putting a lot of time and effort into developing it into something you believe is a good idea, makes it a big part of your life.

I would like to thank Mark who did provide feedback for my bench. It was helpful and if you guys don't think i should bother posting another thread again about the bench then fair enough.

And yes I was under edwards.gregory or something similar but I have genuinely forgot what email it was assigned to as a lot changes in 10 or so years. Plus in my defence i only read that that isn't allowed after creating this account. If the moderators find that account that hasn't posted in years then please feel free to delete it.

Cheers
Greg

I read it, thought it was a cool product and that things like that should be OK to advertise informally.

Thanks Rockliffe that was what i was trying to do. Im interested in people giving feedback especially if its constructive. I only just starting out on this journey.

coach-carpenter":2437mv98 said:
Right so thats why it was deleted. Okay well as I stated it certainly wasn't an advert
The title ("and it could be yours") made it clear it was an advert before even looking at the text :roll:

paulrockliffe":r4dxv4qi said:
I read it, thought it was a cool product and that things like that should be OK to advertise informally.
I think they are. You just need to go through the correct channels and pay the necessary advertising fee

Coley

ColeyS1":qkpq8sv7 said:
paulrockliffe":qkpq8sv7 said:
I think they are. You just need to go through the correct channels and pay the necessary advertising fee

Coley

Really should read the forum rules properly.

Back