Forum attitudes lately

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TrimTheKing":3hpvxtr4 said:
mr grimsdale":3hpvxtr4 said:
Now you see it, now you don't. How many posts were deleted in the last hour or so?
In his thread or generally? I've not been on since Wednesday so what am I missing now?
You haven't missed a lot to be honest! That's what makes it even stranger, that posts are scrubbed. Several thread BTW.
Watch this one!

mr grimsdale":1vfmptis said:
TrimTheKing":1vfmptis said:
mr grimsdale":1vfmptis said:
Now you see it, now you don't. How many posts were deleted in the last hour or so?
In his thread or generally? I've not been on since Wednesday so what am I missing now?
You haven't missed a lot to be honest! That's what makes it even stranger, that posts are scrubbed. Several thread BTW.
Watch this one!
Are they your posts that have gone? ;)

TrimTheKing":1io9nntw said:
mr grimsdale":1io9nntw said:
TrimTheKing":1io9nntw said:
mr grimsdale":1io9nntw said:
Watch this one!
Are they your posts that have gone? ;)
Not mine alone. Jason, studders and probably others. How would we know - once they have gone you can't necessarily remember who or what it was about, unless you keep a copy. Gives you a creepy feeling. "Was there a post or am I imagining things?"

As I understand it, some of them are Mr Grim saying that Rayburns are rubbish old fashioned inefficient lumps of iron. Perhaps more or less politely than that. But that seems entirely uncontentious, except that it is on a thread where someone is trying to offload one.

But if someone came on trying to sell the worst router* in the world wouldn't you expect a bit of comment along the lines of 'don't touch it with a barge pole'?
Personally I'd be grateful for being warned off from buying a load of rubbish.

*(I wouldn't know which one that is but I bet there is a leading candidate)

mr grimsdale":q5qo61f5 said:
But if someone came on trying to sell the worst router* in the world wouldn't you expect a bit of comment along the lines of 'don't touch it with a barge pole'?

I hear Netgear can be iffy.

mr grimsdale":24ssrkxh said:

on the other hand if you were selling something you considered to be a good router and I trashed your thread by posting that it was a load of rubbish you probably wouldnt be best ammused

big soft moose":3b1kv17r said:
on the other hand if you were selling something you considered to be a good router and I trashed your thread by posting that it was a load of rubbish you probably wouldnt be best ammused

Probably not No. But if someone bought said item and it didn't meet their expectations, perhaps based on other input saying it's great, wouldn't they feel a tad peeved if someone piped up afterwards that they could of told you that it wasn't so good.
'Tis a fine line but something the seller must be prepared to accept, praise seldom gets criticism, criticism seldom praised.

My goodness, I think you are self destructing when Grim tries to play the holier than thou card, and I believe he is right :shock: :shock:

I'd like to know why so many people have joined this forum and not made a single posting?

Soulfly":2h50zk64 said:
I'd like to know why so many people have joined this forum and not made a single posting?

They are the silent majority :lol:

big soft moose":3ic68hw2 said:
mr grimsdale":3ic68hw2 said:

Yebbut we aren't going to judge anything by one recommendation. We'll listen to different voices and make up our own minds. The more the opinions the better we can judge. If someone feels strongly or angry abt something we want to hear what he/she says.

mr grimsdale":2ismfcl9 said:
big soft moose":2ismfcl9 said:
mr grimsdale":2ismfcl9 said:

Yebbut we aren't going to judge anything by one recommendation. We'll listen to different voices and make up our own minds. The more the opinions the better we can judge. If someone feels strongly or angry abt something we want to hear what he/she says.

but perhaps not on a sales thread (IMO) - we've had this discussion several times before and i really cant be pineappled to have it again - do you really feel strongly or angryily abourt rayburns ? btw - I would have thought life was too short to get that het up about an oil burner

BSM - I really think that it's about time we had some forum rules about "For Sale" posts, which should include what posts can be made on a For Sale thread.

Cheers

Karl

Studders/BSM

Just picked up on this subject.
All I can say is a couple of weeks ago Roy and myself had a point of view on broken britain, and you both took an opposite view.
I thought the lines of discussion were factual and both parties put there points over...
I thought we were having a decent sort of debate?
I am also old enough to know, that you can't change other peoples views.
But under no circumstances were we becoming nasty to one another, it was a discussion which we decided to disagree upon in the end.

IMO, things posted in the OFF Topic section will become heated just by it's title, and as I have commented in the past some times the moderators could step in.

dicktimber":30088873 said:
Studders/BSM

Just picked up on this subject.
All I can say is a couple of weeks ago Roy and myself had a point of view on broken britain, and you both took an opposite view.
I thought the lines of discussion were factual and both parties put there points over...
I thought we were having a decent sort of debate?
I am also old enough to know, that you can't change other peoples views.
But under no circumstances were we becoming nasty to one another, it was a discussion which we decided to disagree upon in the end.

IMO, things posted in the OFF Topic section will become heated just by it's title, and as I have commented in the past some times the moderators could step in.

Actually i think that was me and jake (rather than studders) , but you are right we had a decent debate without falling out because we four at least are all grown ups who know the difference between a debate and an argument.

big soft moose":34yljdfe said:
...we four at least are all grown ups .....

OOhhh!!!

rasp1.gif

:lol: :lol:

Back