For Sale Rojek Planer/Thicknesser 310

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adzm124

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello to all, I have a Rojek planer/thicknesser 310 width for sale, 240v, it's a 4 bladed model, 8 mnths old, with possible 2 hrs use, so brand new. It's currently in france but I'm coming back to uk on april 15th, to kent area or? so can bring along. I can provide lots of pictures, or invoice etc. It's up for £1500 as there is nothing wrong with it and still has some warranty left. Email me for pictures and send landline number, I can tell you more or discuss, as my call is free (to landlines). Don't forget it will be delivered to your door, shed or house!
Adam

A minor aside to Adam and any others, normally warrantees die when the article is sold on!

Roy.

I don't know where you buy your tools from but the tool is warrantied with the company, not the person! If you can supply the receipt / proof of purchase, under the sale of goods act, it's covered.

Well 10 pts for your team then. It still does depend on where you actually buy your tools from and what relationship they have with their customers. Any more holes you'd like to pick in my advert? A[rt from there's no photos of course;)

Actually I wasn't interested in scoring points at all. Consider this, you sell the item, it breaks, the purchaser attempts to have it repaired under warrantee and is refused.
He might wish to have word with you methinks. What do you reckon?

Roy.

I dont know if this applies to anything here but my inlaws bought a laptop off someone they did not know which was 5 months old but it had a years warrenty with it. I,m not sure if this was manufacturers warrenty or something they had taken out themselfs.
After about a month it just started turning itself off for no reason.They rang acer up and as long as they had the proof of purchase it didnt matter who owned the laptop it was still under warrenty for a year so it was repaired free of charge as the the proof was passed on with the laptop.
I dont know if this applys for machinery but i would have thought you take your chances with anything you buy second hand.

I reckon if you are not interested in buying a rojek 310, why not have a look at something else. I'm trying to sell something and what I get is negativity to say the least. Surely you've got something better to do.

Looks like adzm124 only want to sell this item and one other

not much input into the forum

32 post in 4 years

best let him get on with it :p

HOPE you find a buyer very soon

:p :wink:

If I buy a used car, does the same thing apply re. warranty?
I'm sure digit is correct, but it still sounds like a rip-off to me!

As I was informed when in business that the trader could give what ever warranty he wished provided that the legal minimum was maintained. As far as I know some vehicle manufactures offer as standard both well above that min and from some it's transferable.
But there is often an upper milage limit imposed then.
In other words it would seem now that it depends on whom you deal with.

Roy.

Steady on Adam, I thought Roy was being helpful (as he always is). If he'd said that your price was too high or Rojeks were rubbish then you'd rightly want to take issue with him.

Sounds like you have a nice high end piece of kit for sale, probably at the far end of what hobbyists would use and we're mostly hobbyists on here, so don't be too surprised if you don't have too much interest. I'd love a P/T like that but don't have the space sadly

JohnBrown":27u63hid said:
If I buy a used car, does the same thing apply re. warranty?
I'm sure digit is correct, but it still sounds like a rip-off to me!

no - second hand cars are sold as seen and most motor waranties cant be transfered. (private sales that is - if you buy from a dealer you often get a dealer waranty) with the exception of no MOT needed within 3 years of new. ( I say most because a few quality marques do warrant their vehicles even after second hand private sale.)

With regard to the other equipment the issue tends to be whether the warranty has been registered by the original buyer - if it has it generally doesnt transfer, if it hasnt then so long as they give you their receipt you can register it in your name. (this is in respect of manufacturer warranty - shop waranties hardly ever transfer as their obligation is to the initial buyer and they are registered at point of sale)

again if you buy second hand from a dealer they will sometimes give you a 3 or 6 month warranty as part of the deal, but this is with them not with the original manufacturer

Plus some manufactuers (axminster for example) will honour warranty commitments on second hand gear anyway - but that is a good faith thing not a legal obligation and thus may not be applicable to faults caused by wear and tear. - whether rojek fall into this category i couldnt say.

and finally IMO adam you owe roy an apology as he was trying to be helpful not to derail your advert.

Just as soon as you tax payers increase my pension so that I can afford the petrol! £1.20/Litre now.

Roy.

Latest posts

Back