FOR SALE: 150mm PSA Mirka Gold Discs (Work Sharp)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OPJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

In my on-going search for a cheaper supply of abrasives for the Work Sharp 3000, I've finally settled on Mirka Gold, which I bought earlier this week. Unlike regular aluminium oxide discs (red), this stuff seems to last much longer. I've reground a load of old chisels and tackled a few plane irons (including both O1 and A2 steel) and yet, there's still life in these Mirka Gold discs. 8)

4879892274_cb495858ae_z.jpg

This stuff only seems to be available in larger quantities so, I had to buy a box of 50 x 60g and 100 x 120g. I haven't bothered with the finer grades (400g+) because mine still have plenty of life left.

Now, I only intend to keep 10-12 of each grit for myself so, I am prepared to sell some of the 'excess' off to fellow forum members, if there is any interest?

For £5 (including postage), you could have a mix of 10 discs - say, for example; 3 pairs of 120g and 2 pairs of 60g. It's a lot cheaper than buying direct from Rutlands! :wink:

The 60g discs remove metal at an alarming rate, but they also seem to create a lot of sparks. 120g still cuts quite fast but, there are hardly any sparks. All 60g discs come with a backing sheet, the 120g, oddly, do not (I assume it's so they can squeeze double the amount in the same sized box).

Thanks for looking.

I know there are a few other WS3000 owners on here so, if you are interested, please PM me. :)

Olly.

BUMP

Thanks for all the interest so far. Have sold a few packs but there's still a fair bit left for any other takers.

---

Mods - please feel free to move this thread in to the new, appropriate forum.

Thank you. :)

I have a box of the 60G and I can vouch that they are the bee's knees!

I have the same first disk stuck to a bit of glass that I had way back last year and it still have loads of life left in it. I use it on the very bad plane soles that need a lot of work first..but it just keeps on going!

Good price too Olly!

Cheers mate

Jim

Olly

I realise this post is nearly 4 years old but do you still have any 60g and/or 120g discs left for sale?

Just that having just received my new Work Sharp 3000 and started work on my chisel/plane 'collection' I'm going to need to add to the initial disc supply!

Mike

Back