follow up to my SIP 10" saw purchase

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary M

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all , haven't been around for a month or so, critical hard drive error on putter -return to base for repair !!!
any way, i thought you all might like to know what i think of the SIP 10" cast iron saw (that i got for a song :wink:)
after using this beast i now wish i had never bought anything else before it !!!
anyone contemplating buying a lesser (aluminum toped) machine
don't !!
save all you can and get a cast iron !!
i estimate i have spent enough over the years trying to get a reasonable TS
Draper, B&Q site saw, electra beckum pk 200 each one better than the previous :roll: waste of money !!!!

the sip is a beast, very heavy and once in place, should stay in place.
its very quiet compared to what i was used to (neighbors should be pleased)
the fence locks solid and the top is flat !!
dust extraction is quite good as well (top and bottom)
replaced the poor quality blade with a brand new 40 tooth freud which was purchased for £20 with two sets of reducing bushes from the same outlet as the saw (sorry for the gloat)

the saw was a little out when i got it so a couple of hours truing it up and i cant stop cutting wood !!! it cuts effortlessly through anything i throw at it
another huge bonus for me is that when covered with half a sheet of ply it is an excellent work surface.
the incra 2000 miter gauge fits perfectly in the slot (oh i could go on and on :oops: ) i'm sure you get the picture !!
I can 100% recomend this saw to anyone (as you can probably tell)
hope this is helpfull to you guys thinking of purchasing a new T/S

Proper P/T next on the list !!

I've had mine nearly three years now and I still smile when I use it :lol: Can't add anything to your comments you said it all :) But inline with Niki's earlier thread about TS safety tread carefully they bite... :shock:

Latest posts

Back