Fogging goggles

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cusimar9

Established Member
Reaction score
I really need some advice on goggles please

I've got a par of safety glasses and a bigger pair of safety goggles and when used with any kind of disposable mask they both fog up immediately. The masks are both with and without the front vent, makes no difference.

I've even used cressi anti fog spray and still no difference.

I do also have a larger non disposable 3M dust mask which alleviated the fogging but I found it too cumbersome to use and keep clean.

Any ideas welcome and happy to spend a bit more for something that works if necessary, already spent enough on everything I've tried this far!

If your glasses are fogging up it means that the mask is leaking around your nose, try bending the metal strip to achieve a better fit. If you still have problems try a different mask - some have a soft foam seal all around the edge which makes a better seal
Ultimately I think masks are a last resort - much prefer to make up guarding and dust extraction at source where possible
Matt

I tend to use a 3M 7500 mask with the down vent and / or a pair of Bolle Pilot goggles. Both are not that cumbersome and the Bolle's have never fogged up on me.

Hmmm either I've bent the nose shape better or the hot weather is helping but I've got on much better with the disposables this weekend. Actually wore the mask instead of chucking it! The goggles still fog up after 5 minutes or so but that's usually enough that I've finished whatever I'm cutting and I can get on with something else while the goggles clear.

I've got 20 sets of disposables (!) so I'll get through these and then review where I'm at.

+1 for visor instead of goggles (I'm a specs wearer).

I haven't tried the anti-fogging stuff you mention but I do find that a wipe over the inside face of the visor before use with one of those sachet-packed glasses you find in supermarkets does reduce (note, delay not prevent) fogging on both my visor and my goggles.

HTH
AES

Back