Fobco Switch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirHoggit

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am replacing the switch on an old Fobco bench drill and have bought the following nvr switc from axminster.

That said on removing the original switch from within the body (aside from being slight gummed up with grease...and so I took it apart and cleaned) it appears to be no obvious signs it is broken, but the old cables coming into it have four wires, red, blue and white with the green linked to the drill case?

I wanted to to give it a try with the motor and see if ts any good and why it had been replaced by an external switch but the external switch only has the standard three cables coming in/out - not the white.

The original switch has 240v 16a written on it so I assume it should be suitible for single phase? I did read somewhere that the switches used for three phase machines (motors) could be used for 240v. That Said Im a little stumped by the extra wire. The original motor I think has been replaced - possibly at the same time as the new switch being fitted

It would be nice to get the original switch going again.

Thanks

James

James

Welcome to the Forum and Happy New Year to you and yours.

Check at motor end to see if the white wire is connected to anything, I suspect its a brake/shorting wire for the original motor, put a multimeter on the original switch to check what connector's connect to each other.

Mike

Back