Flush it and catch it

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PerranOak

Established Member
Reaction score
On the built-in cabinet I'm currently approaching there will be two flush doors with "H" hinges. All good.

However, I've just realised that the magnetic catches I have (normal type) will not work because they need to be screwed to the top of a cabinet. As the doors are flush and in the face of the cabinet (the top is a good 100mm above the door opening) there is no top to screw into.

Are there any nice fancy catches that I could use please?

PerranOak":304380g1 said:
As the doors are flush and in the face of the cabinet (the top is a good 100mm above the door opening) there is no top to screw into.
Is there's a rail above the doors and below the top? It seems unlikely to me that there would be 100 mm gap between the two, but maybe there is for some reason.

Anyway, if there is a rail you might be able to attach a block of wood to the rail's inside face (glue and/or screw) and fix the magnetic catches to that. Slainte.

Using standard magnetic with a backplate, the easy way is to screw a batten full length of the top rail, flush to the inside edge of the rail and fix the magnetic catch to that. Its the same problem you get with kitchen base cabinets as the top rail of the face frame hangs below the carcase/rail top.

Back