Flooded Garage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Burgess

Established Member
Reaction score
I walk into my garage workshop and discovered 1/2" of water on the floor on the far side and the same amount at the garage door but none in the middle. Cannot figure out how it got to the far side but at the door the drain was a problem with last nights down pour. Fortunately all my benches and most tools are on casters but some sheets of ply and mdf are wet at the bottom. Could I remove say 4" from the bottom and still use the material??
Barry

Barry
Did i hear you right all your tools were under water when you walked into the garage this morning :wink:
This has actually happened to me twice in 2 years and each time the insurance company replaced the items plus a few extras,. Supposedly they were storms of the century scenarios.
If you do make a claim, dont forget to make a list of all the timber that may have been water soaked

Guy

Barry, cut the bottoms of the sheets. They should be OK mate.

Didn't get any rain here. Do want some as the garden is starting to suffer.

My daughter was coming home from London to Salisbury on Sunday night - all trains stopped at Woking due to water on the track and a landslide somewhere. Eventually got in at 12.30am via Southampton - not a happy bunny :x - Rob

Yeah Woking and Worplesdon were badly affected by the weather.

Was driving (diving :wink: ) through Worplesdon yesterday, and my navy showed lots of closed roads due to flooding (but with a four by four you do not have to take the detours :wink:

Back