Flexible backing pads for sanders.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyNx

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a sanding pad like in the picture below to sand the foot/upstand on corian worktops. I would like this to fit my metabo SXE-450.

From the look of the picture, it seems to be an over-sized abrasive with a foam backing to allow it to follow the contour.

csp02.jpg

Does anyone know any supplies for these sort of pads?

Thanks

Crude, but because I don't do this type of top all the time I just make-up a piece of MDF with a quarter round edge and glue on some abrasive. I have tried the Porter-Cable profile sander and found it no better/faster than hand sanding (and in any case the finest abrasive is about P220 grit). If you have a Fein Multimaster they do a prifile sanding kit these days as well, but I don't know if it's any more use than the P-C set-up. I believe some of the full-time solid surface people use special canting base laminate trimmers with a ball-nose bit to grind out the fillet (the sort of stuff sold by Art Betterley in the States) and follow up with straight line pneumatic sanders with a profile bottom

Scrit

Thank you. I do plan on going the MDF/adrasive route but i will try and source some pads for future use.

I've got the same Metabo sander it's brilliant but i've found it works so well the backing pads don't last that long. Axminster sell the medium and soft backing pads i think i paid £14 each. Please let us know if you find a better source or solution for pads.
Alex

Back