fitting internal doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big soft moose

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

looking for ideas on what a reasonable price is to supply and fit (but not build - just to source ready made, unless building is cheaper) 7 internal doors, and a sliding door on a WC

just for clarity i'm not pricing to do the work, this is for my old dear who needs the work doing - and yes i know i could do it myself but ive only limited time (not to mention skills)

also if anyone lives in the buckinghamshire area and would be interested in quoting for the work contact me by pm .

What sort of doors BSM? hollow core? solid? painted?

Is your old lady supplying hinges/handles etc? Or those to priced too?

FYI, if i'm fitting doors I price them at £35 per door for 5 or more. So 7 = £245. Fitting only.

Cheers

Karl

I think shes not really sure yet on type other than that she wants white :roll:

the current ones are hollow core - but they are nasty so she isnt wedded to replacing them like for like

and she wants door furniture included

also a complication (and another reason why i'm not doing the job) is that the door frames arent all standard size - or indeed all the same size, so we cant just get a job lot of doors without some of them having to be altered.

Hi,

An internal door on its own, fitted only, I'd charge about £50. I don't really get large amounts of doors to hang in one place so don't have a price for larger amounts. But I think I'd quote about £280 to hang the 7 internal doors. The price of supplying the doors would really depend on what you wanted, and only you know the specification of the new doors you want....

The sliding door... I think your sliding mechanism will be expensive, so that might bump the supply price up a bit of that one. Then, theres the considerations on where it will slide and if it will be concealed? But.... going on just to hang and fit the mechanism, no concealing, I'd be looking at about £70.

Total of £350 for fitting only.

big soft moose":2i5bngdi said:
also a complication (and another reason why i'm not doing the job) is that the door frames arent all standard size - or indeed all the same size, so we cant just get a job lot of doors without some of them having to be altered.

That could mean alot of time glueing new edgings between the face sides of hollow doors.

tom owens":2q3hwwj1 said:
big soft moose":2q3hwwj1 said:

That could mean alot of time glueing new edgings between the face sides of hollow doors.

very true - i'm pushing her towards paneled doors (the ones with solid edges and panels - dont know what they are called) for that reason - so that its just a case of sanding/planing to fit

Back