Fitted wardrobes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rknott2007

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of some fitted wardrobes I have made out of tulip, with mdf panels. Solid oak drawer boxes, blum soft close runners. Sprayed with an acrylic primer and ann acrylic sealer.

DSC00237.jpg

Your obviously good at what you do, quality work, but I hate to say it, the design looks like something from the 70's and those handles :shock:
My advice would be to go to some modern furniture shops /showrooms and see whats in fashion. My whole business has changed in the last year or two due to german kitchens and hardware technology. If you don't keep up with changes in style, you can't compete to get the wealthy customers.

Nice work.

Senior on the subject of design look at the bed spread and in the mirror the quilted headboard and wallpaper. The wardbrobe is well designed in that it fits perfectly into its 1970s surroundings.

Yep, I agree Matt, I am just amazed that people would pay to keep their room looking like the 1970's.
I would struggle to justify making such a piece, if you look at all the german kitchens at the moment, they are really 70's kitchens updated to the 21st century, there is no reason why this could not have been done here.
Now I don't know the customers brief, they may have asked for a 1970's authentic feel, in which case I doff my cap, but from my point of veiw on the design this has zero appeal to me.

Nice work RK, as Senior said good quality, however unless the customers brief was that style then I have to agree again with him it is very old fashioned.
Please don't feel insulted we're here to help each other, Senior has a successful business in his part of the country and I scrape a living in a fairly wealthy part of the UK.
Customers are becoming more discerning and word travels, with the quality you can produce if you add the extra dimension of design you can move up a notch.

Dom

Thanks Dom, I think some people find me to blunt but I am only voicing my opinion. As I said i'm sure the workmanship is top notch.

senior":27paz9vh said:
Your obviously good at what you do, quality work, but I hate to say it, the design looks like something from the 70's and those handles :shock:
My advice would be to go to some modern furniture shops /showrooms and see whats in fashion. My whole business has changed in the last year or two due to german kitchens and hardware technology. If you don't keep up with changes in style, you can't compete to get the wealthy customers.

They were for my grandparents lol :eek:

Trust me i much prefer modern style furniture curves, twists waves etc :lol:

Thanks for the comments, I'm not offended in the slightest.

Shultzy":fuql7t3x said:
Rknott2007, can you give me more info on the paint. What sprayer did you use and how much did you have to thin the acrylic primer and the acrylic sealer.

I got both products from work, they get them from a comapny called movac, it comes ready for spraying, I used a metabo gravity fed gun to apply them.

Latest posts

Back