First Project On The New Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard in Smithville

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the story of a little girl. A little girl who I taught in sunday school. Now she's getting married :shock: . So the first real project on the new saw is for her. Pictures first.
QuiltRack006.jpg

(I need to work on my camara angles-This looks warped but it's straight)
QuiltRack007.jpg

QuiltRack001.jpg

QuiltRack004.jpg

I found the plans for this craftsman quilt rack in Woodsmith. It's made from white ash and I changed a slight taper on the sides to a straight. Everything is joined with M&T and the stretchers have tusk tenons. The top comes off to add a quilt. So far I applied a coat of BLO and I plan to seal it with shellac or paste wax. The wedding is this saturday and I'm hoping the quilt rack is loved.
Thanks for looking.

Mortices on the TS. The two sides and the top are each made from two lengths and edge glued for final assembly. Before gluing though, I used packing tape to clamp the two lengths along their flat sides and ran them through the ts using my sliding miter table. I don't have a dado blade so it took a little longer to nibble away the waste. I cut the tenons that fit into the feet and top in the same manner. The only mortices that were hand cut were for the tusk tenons at the ends of the stretchers.

The wedding was last saturday. I ended up rather close to where the gifts were being put. I can't say about the lovely couple, but watching the faces of the guests who were passing was plenty of reward.

Back