first pic

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midge29

Established Member
Reaction score
this is the first time i have posted any pics of my lathe work , first is english walnut and the other 2 are field maple

Attachments

• dsc01623.jpg
    dsc01623.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 967
  • dsc01638.jpg
    dsc01638.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 967
  • dsc01646.jpg
    dsc01646.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 967
was a bit nervous about posting some pics up , i only realy come on here to look , been turning for around 3 years now and think i,m just getting to grips with it now , all these 3 pieces were buffed on beale system with carnuba wax and then Microcrystalline wax. i have tried danish oil and finishing oil then buffing but i think it comes up a better finish without the oil,maybe i,m doing something wrong,. thanks for the good comments , will post some more up now , lol

They're all a really great bunch on here, so never worry about posting pictures........

And get ya self in the monthly challenge..... turning like that you'll do well!!!

My fave is the bottom one too.

I really like the shape of the last one, it is a lovely classic shape, looks simple but hard to get right. What's the wood?

Pete

I like the last one best too, very nicely done, Midge's post says it's Field Maple, I have only turned a little bit of that and it was quite a pale wood, so I don't have much experience of it's variations, but if I had to guess this I would have said Olive Ash.

Pictures were well worth waiting for well done . All three are very nice pieces ,well turned and a great finish .

Keep the pictures coming and as already mentioned enter the forum Challenge . Good luck .

put the pics on wrong way, the first 2 are field maple, i get my wood from a friend who is the head woodsman of a big estate and field maple is what he said it was , i got a few large pieces of this and full of burrs, the last piece is english walnut which i have a lot of and also some more coming soon as my friend text me some pics of a large limb that come from a tree in the storm the other week, the limb is around 2ft across and about 30ft long so i have a nice supply coming . i will try to enter the forum challange , dunno about the christmas one though , will have to research see if theres something i can do ,

Back