First gazebo project, frame wobble

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Galvanised will work and grease the threads of the coach screws before you screw them in. You can also use stainless if you wish.
Silver zinc galvanised like this Adam?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230301-081205_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230301-081205_Chrome.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 0
For a more aesthetic solution to the base fixing, angle drill through the uprights and resin fix into the concrete base, I would be more worried about the bottom of the post rotting, should have a skirt of some kind.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike

There will be a gap all round between beams and roof so guessing that would reduce uplift considerably?
Think about how an aircraft wing works, a gap underneath could make uplift worse, especially without the posts fixed down, but those sort of weather conditions are rare in the UK on small structures.

Think about how an aircraft wing works, a gap underneath could make uplift worse, especially without the posts fixed down, but those sort of weather conditions are rare in the UK on small structures.
I see. Going to fix them down. I hate flying!

Cheers

Angle grind one side off the Bolt down square post support and slide it onto the post, but very ugly, still think the angle drilled stud solution may be the most aesthetically pleasing, counter board into the post and plugged, still needs a skirt and DPC though.

Back