First ever woodworking projects completed.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got fed up of trying to get rid of you are the 999999 visitor and you`ve won a prize are you sure you want to leave this site click ok. Oh isn`t that good its started all over again. No its not its irritating.
all the best
rob

They both look nice.

You may have a wait until your birdhouse gets occupied, but it`s good to get it fixed up so the birds get used to it.

DSCN0280.jpg

Did you struggle drilling the hole?

Hi thanks for the comments and sorry about photo bucket but couldn't upload from my pc. Birdhouse was a bit of a struggle and is made of oak so cutting the hole was very difficult and scorched the wood a bit. Chuffed with the birdhouse not so much the steps as there were a few mistakes but at least they work I suppose. Can only get better with practise, right?

Hi
Seeming as comments on your Photobucket were not requested, i wont be commenting on that! Ill comment on what you actually asked, and that's your projects.
I like the birdhouse, nice and neat. Looks like you have some splitting of the wood on your steps, did you pre-drill the holes as you are close to the end? Thats the way to avoid splitting. But other than that, solidly built and a tidy job.
Well done.

Hi Smeagol,

I like the bird box, does it open at the back ? you will need to remove the nest after the chicks have flown.

Davon

I think the step looks very sturdy and functional (hammer) The birdhouse however.........................looks jeffing awesome ! Dont put it out in the rain- try and find some ropey timber to use instead =D>

Very nice and practical. I always thinks its nice to make something that will get used. Whats your next project?
Owen

What an elegant bird box made of oak! I'm sure the birds will love it! If you would like some stone-based board for the roof like in my post here: https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/bird-box-t52150.html send me the 2 sizes required and I'll put it on ebay for you at 99p +P&P.

The steps.... Can you stand on the top step without it toppling? If so congratulations, I see so many steps made that topple as they aren't made correctly. If you have made them for working on then they can be quite a good addition to a workshop.

Thanks for all the comments. The step works I can stand on the top step and occasionally get a slight wobble but it doesn't topple over. 1st time I tried it, it didn't have the board across the bottom under the bottom step so tipped over easily. But since adding that and getting an extra inch of surface area on the bottom it has become much sturdier. Will definately let you know about the stone board for when I make some more. But for now I've got two toy boxes to build for my sisters kids. So that's my next project. Will post WIP on here later.

Hi Kev,

Nice little projects. Funnily enough, I bought a couple of lengths of decking yesterday, with the idea of making a step-stool. Fools seldom differ eh? :D

Rob, have you an unwanted cookie lurking on your drive? And that warning asking you not to leave the page, seems like malware to me. I didn't have to click on any links. Just on the pics to enlarge them. The adverts I ignore, because they are all connected with things I have searched for recently. If I was assed, I could remove the cookie that causes them, just by running my cleaner. It is about two weeks since I last did it!

John :)

Latest posts

Back