first box of this type

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remulo

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all, first sorry for my bad english (i'm italian :D ).
my first lidded box with finial, spalted beech and ....acero (i don't know how in english :oops: ) critics and comments very well.
ciao, paolo.

DSC01829.JPG

DSC01830.JPG

DSC01831.JPG

DSC01832.JPG

Attachments

• DSC01829.JPG
    DSC01829.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,115
  • DSC01830.JPG
    DSC01830.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,115
  • DSC01831.JPG
    DSC01831.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,115
  • DSC01832.JPG
    DSC01832.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 1,115
I like it. The addition of the pale wood round the opening is interesting. Haven't seen that very often. Like the finial too.

And I thought I was doing ok??? was this your interpretation on the Cindy Drozda finial box?

Acero....Maple?

Andy

Bellissimo! (Bellissima?)
excuse my Italian , I'm Welsh :)
Lovely design, balance and finish.
I think you and Andy may have been watching the same DVD. Think I'll have to add one to my christmas list.

That's some tight control of the form across the differing wood boundaries.
Good clean lines and crisp mating joins.

thank's all, hi nev, good italian!
this is my interpretation .....of my first lidded box :D , i do not watch any dvd but on the web there's a lot of example , i try to go straight for my way for a different interpretation 8)

thank's all.
andersonec ...i watch your "cindy drozda finial box " and i like it, the finial just a little fat but very nice =D>
p.s. acero - maple ok

=D>

just enough contrast between the woods, and a lovely finial 8)

thank's all, it' a satisfaction for me this work but it's very hard for me to arrive at it. double satisfaction 8)

p.s. next good photo, thats are orrible! :D

Love the box and lid, the only aspect I think worth considering for future reference would be the finial, it's very nice and fine, but shape wise I personally feel that a taper to the top would look more elegant than the more cylindrical shape you have with this one, that's just a matter of personal taste and general aesthetics though and in no way detracts from your craftsmanship here which is very good indeed.

Back